Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Big Clint Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1472-big-clint-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 07:45 PM

Still all HUGELY entertaining though.
Harry's a true screen icon!:nod:

His patter in all DH movies is hilarious,especially THE ENFORCER......

Lt. Dobbs: Are you finished with the questioning, Callahan?
Harry Callahan: Hypothetical situation, huh? All right, I'm standing on the street corner, and Mrs. Grey there comes up and propositions me. She says if I come home with her, for $5 she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony...
Mrs. Grey: If this is your idea of humor, Inspector...
Lt. Dobbs: All right, what are you trying to do here, Callahan?
Harry Callahan: I'm just trying to find out if anybody in this room knows what the hell law is being broken, besides cruelty to animals.

:lol::pound:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 07:47 PM

Dirty Harry.............

[Harry Callahan has to explain why he shot a man]
Harry Callahan: Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.
The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
[walks out of the room]
The Mayor: He's got a point.

:pound:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 07:51 PM

MAGNUM FORCE..........

Lieutenant Briggs: Suppose they panic and start shooting?
Harry Callahan: Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot!

:lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 07:55 PM

SUDDEN IMPACT.............

Harry Callahan: Listen, punk. To me you're nothin' but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya!

Crook: [during a diner robbery] What's you doing, you pighead sucka?
Harry Callahan: Every day for the past ten years, Loretta here's been giving me a large black coffee- except today she gives me a large black coffee and it has sugar in it. Alotta sugar. I just came back to complain.
Crook: Say what, sucka?
Harry Callahan: Well, we're not just gonna let you walk out of here.
Crook: Who'se we sucka?
Harry Callahan: [slowly drawing his .44 Magnum] Smith and Wesson... and me
:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 07:58 PM

THE DEAD POOL............

Harry Callahan: [friendly] You forgot your fortune cookie!
Gunman #1: [confused, yells] What?
Harry Callahan: It says...
[pauses]
Harry Callahan: "You're shit outta luck!"
[Harry shoots him]

Harry Callahan: [points out the biggest, nastiest-looking guy in the prison to Janero] See that gorilla down there? That's Butcher Hicks... and he's killed three men. You know how he did it? He tore 'em apart with his teeth! Didn't even find all the pieces... you might say he has an unhealthy appetite.
Lou Janero: [nervous, but trying not to show it] So what?
Harry Callahan: So Hicks there is my new pen pal. I'm going to be sending him a letter once a week, and I'm going to be telling him how I'm gonna be looking in on his sick mother, and how I'm trying to get him special privileges here at the prison. And you know what's the interesting part? The interesting part is if anything happens to me, and Hicks doesn't get his letter, he's going to be really pissed off, and he's going to come down here and see you because you're the mail man. In fact he'll probably come down here to this post office and cancel your ass like a stamp. So you'd better ensure prompt, courteous delivery, and pray that nothing happens to me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 08:52 PM

The words may look good, but it's all in the delivery!

pedromonkey 21st March 2011 10:07 PM

there's a shot in Dirty Harry that blows my mind everytime i see it, it's the scene on the football field and it Zooms out so far that it looks as though it's shot from the other side of San Francisco. Love that film.

Watched Hang 'Em High the other night and while not as good as High Plains Drifter or The Dollars trilogy, it's still a great film, at least with this american western the characters looked dirty and not as clean with pressed shirts as most U.S westerns of the 50-60's, great direction from Ted Post too.

mr 420 22nd March 2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 137470)
No,that's THE DEAD POOL mate.:)

TIGHTROPE is the one where Clint plays a kinky cop on the trail of a psycho who is murdering hookers.

Ah, thanks for that. I take it that Tightrope must be the one that caused some offence when it came out in the early '80s because of clean-cut Clint being in a sleazy rapist movie. I remember The Sun (newspaper) being all over it.

oaxaca 22nd March 2011 06:47 PM

"Opinions are like assholes....everybody's got one":lol:

Thats either THE DEAD POOL or SUDDEN IMPACT, I forget which :p

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd March 2011 07:59 PM

Yeah,his patter is great!
The Dead Pool,I believe.:nod: