Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Almost Human
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Just staying with poliziotteschi for a moment, is it me or do The Cop In Blue Jeans and Violent Naples have the same theme music? even though they have different actors, directors etc.
No, they're defintely different. There's certainly some similarities between the two though,
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's already happening -- just reading through the posts on the previous page has given me a shopping list! I'll probably get a head start on this subgenre and may be familiar with actors, directors and common plot threads by the time I get around to seeing Almost Human!
Old 2nd June 2011, 04:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's already happening -- just reading through the posts on the previous page has given me a shopping list! I'll probably get a head start on this subgenre and may be familiar with actors, directors and common plot threads by the time I get around to seeing Almost Human!
You'll be surprised just how many actors and directors you'll know from gialli and spaghettis, Nosferatu. If you're looking for a place to start before the release of ALMOST HUMAN, get hold of the Fernado di Leo set that came out in the US last month. It's reasonably priced and features four of his crime films, two of which (MILANO CALBRO 9 and LA MALA ORDINA) are classics. I know Justin will agree because Filmbar70 has screened both

Fernando di Leo Crime Collection

The Boss is a great film too, BTW.
Old 2nd June 2011, 05:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That looks like a terrific set and is extremely good value at about £21 delivered, so I've ordered a copy. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 2nd June 2011, 05:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Any film with Barbara Bouchet in is worth getting. - Calibre 9 , take a bow.
Old 2nd June 2011, 05:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
This is a GREAT film and would be a great introduction to the poliziotteschi for newbies. I love much of Lenzi's horror and giallo output but his crime films, for me, are the best thing he did. ALMOST HUMAN is quite atypical for a Lenzi poliziotteschi though - it's sleazy and really quite nasty.

Tomas Milian is NUTS in this film and Silva, as the copper, is on great form too. A wholehearted recommendation from me
Sleaze is always good

Will check it out when its released

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That looks like a terrific set and is extremely good value at about £21 delivered, so I've ordered a copy. Thanks for the recommendation.
I don't think that you'll regret it, Nos - it's a damn good set. Milan Calibre 9 has a very good plot and demands at least a second or even multiple watches; in Mala Ordina, Mario Adorf is on fire and has one of the best chase sequences I've seen; the Boss - Silva (need I say more), and the opening; Rulers of the City - much lighter than the other three but still good fun.
Pete likes this.
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I don't think that you'll regret it, Nos - it's a damn good set. Milan Calibre 9 has a very good plot and demands at least a second or even multiple watches; in Mala Ordina, Mario Adorf is on fire and has one of the best chase sequences I've seen; the Boss - Silva (need I say more), and the opening; Rulers of the City - much lighter than the other three but still good fun.
What he said! You will not be disappointed with these films, they're ace.
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

This is a genre I've kinda stumbled upon in recent times, beginning with The Big Racket, Heroin Busters and various Raro titles. Great stuff! Reallly loking forward to seeing Almost Human.

Is Revolver worth a punt?
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

My expectations are now sky high, so I hope these films are as good as I anticipate!

Like this? Share it using the links below!