Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Almost Human

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2011, 09:27 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default SHAM032 - Almost Human: The DVD Specs

SHAM032 - ALMOST HUMAN

Maestro of mayhem Umberto Lenzi (Cannibal Ferox, Oasis of Fear) takes you on a tour of Italy's mean streets with this hyper-violent, ultra-sleazy, 1970s crime classic. Shameless Screen Entertainment proudly presents Almost Human restored and uncut.

Tomas Milian (Designated Victim) stars as Giulio Sacchi, an unhinged petty crook who aspires to criminal greatness. With his gang of assorted weirdos, Sacchi shanghais the pretty young daughter of a wealthy businessman, but hardboiled cop Grandi (Henry Silva - Escape From the Bronx) is in hot pursuit. The dogged detective is all that stands between the gang and the ransom but he'll need to be quick because his dastardly foe may not be able to resist the nubile body of his teenage hostage!

Almost Human is a fast-paced Lenzi crime thriller that features music from Ennio Morricone and a level of sleaziness that's atypical for the genre. If you like your cops badass and your villains badder, this is a high octane, edge-of-the-seat experience you will not want to miss!

* synopsis by Paul Alaoui

Special Features
  • Special lenticular packaging - first 1,000 units only.
  • Tomas Milian interview.
  • Fact track and article by Paul Alaoui.
  • Original English audio and Italian audio with English subtitles.
  • Theatrical trailers.
  • Shameless complete trailers.
Almost Human will be released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 18 July 2011!

Old 28th June 2011, 10:33 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Really looking forward to this, never seen it before.

Think i will incorporate the Shameless complete trailers into the viewing along with another film, maybe Bare Behind Bars and have a great grindhouse experience.
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:55 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Good to see that the lenticular sleeve is a limited edition. Will become a real collectors piece for sure
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 28th June 2011, 12:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Good to see that the lenticular sleeve is a limited edition. Will become a real collectors piece for sure
1000 is not many. Especially when spread out between Play.com, Amazon and Hmv online, plus the hundreds of Hmv shops throughout the UK. I just hope the one i, and the rest of this forum's pre orderers are sent the limited edition version.
Old 28th June 2011, 01:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
1000 is not many. Especially when spread out between Play.com, Amazon and Hmv online, plus the hundreds of Hmv shops throughout the UK. I just hope the one i am sent is a limited edition version.
The first 1000 copies of "Le Orme" (Footprints) came with the alternative title "Footprints on the Moon". I bought it well over a year after it had been released and received a limited copy. Might have just been luck, but maybe people might not have to panic so much about receiving a limited version.
Old 28th June 2011, 02:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post
The first 1000 copies of "Le Orme" (Footprints) came with the alternative title "Footprints on the Moon". I bought it well over a year after it had been released and received a limited copy. Might have just been luck, but maybe people might not have to panic so much about receiving a limited version.
My post wasn't meant to sound like panic, it really isn't. Just a comment on the initial limited run of 1000 copies not seeming like many. Its 1/5th of the Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Limited Edition set's run.
Old 28th June 2011, 02:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Haha, panic was probably a slight exaggeration on my part, though to be fair when I read that the 'Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Limited Edition' was close to selling out I panic-bought my copy! I was always going to buy it anyway but the thought of missing out on a numbered edition with the art cards didn't bear thinking about.

So are we any closer to seeing the alternative covers on this one or have I missed them already?
Old 28th June 2011, 03:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Haha, panic was probably a slight exaggeration on my part, though to be fair when I read that the 'Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Limited Edition' was close to selling out I panic-bought my copy! I was always going to buy it anyway but the thought of missing out on a numbered edition with the art cards didn't bear thinking about.
I was in the same boat, i kept thinking Amazon might reduce the price, so held off, until suddenly Amazon didn't stock it. neither did Play . Fortunately Hmv still had some left.
Old 28th June 2011, 07:52 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
So are we any closer to seeing the alternative covers on this one or have I missed them already?
I think I'll be revealing Panel B early next week and Panel C toward the end of next week so keep your eyes glued to the artwork thread!
trench likes this.
Old 28th June 2011, 07:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

VERY interesting Sarah!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!