Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   SHAM032 - Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/almost-human/4443-sham032-almost-human.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 09:37 AM

SHAM032 - Almost Human

You’ve been asking for it for a long while now and Shameless have listened! On 18 July 2011, Shameless will be releasing Umberto Lenzi’s classic crime film, Almost Human for the first time on UK DVD!

Guilio Sacchi (Tomas Milian) is a small-time hood disillusioned with the crime syndicate for which he works. Looking to make some big money fast, he and some friends kidnap the beautiful Marilù (Laura Belli), the daughter of a billionaire and demand 500 million Lira as ransom. However, hot on his heels is Inspector Grandi (Henry Silva) a hardened cop who only becomes more hell-bent on catching Guilio and his gang with each corpse he finds! Director Lenzi reflects on the “Years of Lead” in Italy, a time when terrorists caused chaos and police action was judged as deficient. Casey Scott at dvddrive-in.com describes it as “one of the best Italian crime films ever made.”

Almost Human is one of Umberto Lenzi’s (Oasis of Fear) best and most highly-regarded films, featuring a standout performance from Milian and score composed by Ennio Morricone. This Shameless Screen Entertainment release will be a must-have for all lovers of Euro-crime and polizieschi movies. So keep your eyes peeled for more info and artwork as it comes up over the next few months.

:)

PS. The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed that this release skips SHAM031. This is because SHAM031 is a super-top-secret release which has taken longer than expected to organise, due to the hard work Shameless and the film’s creators are putting in. You’ll have to wait to find out what it is but, trust me, it’ll be worth it! Please note: I have set up this thread for you to speculate as to the nature of SHAM031 so please don’t discuss it in this thread which is for Almost Human.

Jonny 21st January 2011 09:56 AM

Good news. It's about time UK retailers had the chance to stock some 'poliziesco all'Italiana'.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes down with the horror and sleaze fans as unlike a lot of films from this genre this one has quite a lot of sleazy elements thanks to an off his rocker Tomas Milian.

Hopefully this will sell well enough to warrant some more releases from this genre in the UK and there's plenty of them to go at. It's an as yet un-tapped genre as far as English language DVD releases are concerned with 100s of titles sat un-released all crying out for a little love.

bdc 21st January 2011 09:58 AM

Nice one! :thumb:
I think this has something for everyone to enjoy.

PaulD 21st January 2011 10:04 AM

Awesome stuff. I've not really seen any polizieschi films so am looking forward to seeing what this is like

Gojirosan 21st January 2011 10:06 AM

Shameless are really hitting their stride now! Top, top work!

:clap:

bdc 21st January 2011 10:07 AM

As Jonny mentioned,there's also a lot of sleaze in this one so it's a perfect choice for Shameless imho.

Inspector Tanzi 21st January 2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 123299)
Good news. It's about time UK retailers had the chance to stock some 'poliziesco all'Italiana'.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes down with the horror and sleaze fans as unlike a lot of films from this genre this one has quite a lot of sleazy elements thanks to an off his rocker Tomas Milian.

Hopefully this will sell well enough to warrant some more releases from this genre in the UK and there's plenty of them to go at. It's an as yet un-tapped genre as far as English language DVD releases are concerned with 100s of titles sat un-released all crying out for a little love.

Johnny took the words right out of my mouth.

It's about time Shameless released some Italian crime films:cool:

Pardon my French but for those who haven't seen it the best best way I can describle Milian in this is "a horrible despicable little c*nt", those who haven't seen they may be quite surprised at some of his antics and those who have seen it will know exactly what I mean.

I first got my hands on this roughly 20 years ago under the title "The Executioner".

I've got a Greek release with the fantastic cover title of "He is a Bsstard", When I can dig it out I'll post up a scan.

Hopefully this will be a good seller and some more Lenzi crime will be added to the Shameless catalogue.

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 123319)
I've got a Greek release with the fantastic cover title of "He is a Bsstard", When I can dig it out I'll post up a scan.

I think quite a few people would like to see that if/when you get the chance!

Jonny 21st January 2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 123319)

I first got my hands on this roughly 20 years ago under the title "The Executioner".

I used to have that tape ;)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...utionerVHS.jpg

Argentofan 21st January 2011 11:58 AM

Sounds interesting. :D