Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   SHAM032 - Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/almost-human/4443-sham032-almost-human.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 08:37 AM

SHAM032 - Almost Human

You’ve been asking for it for a long while now and Shameless have listened! On 18 July 2011, Shameless will be releasing Umberto Lenzi’s classic crime film, Almost Human for the first time on UK DVD!

Guilio Sacchi (Tomas Milian) is a small-time hood disillusioned with the crime syndicate for which he works. Looking to make some big money fast, he and some friends kidnap the beautiful Marilù (Laura Belli), the daughter of a billionaire and demand 500 million Lira as ransom. However, hot on his heels is Inspector Grandi (Henry Silva) a hardened cop who only becomes more hell-bent on catching Guilio and his gang with each corpse he finds! Director Lenzi reflects on the “Years of Lead” in Italy, a time when terrorists caused chaos and police action was judged as deficient. Casey Scott at dvddrive-in.com describes it as “one of the best Italian crime films ever made.”

Almost Human is one of Umberto Lenzi’s (Oasis of Fear) best and most highly-regarded films, featuring a standout performance from Milian and score composed by Ennio Morricone. This Shameless Screen Entertainment release will be a must-have for all lovers of Euro-crime and polizieschi movies. So keep your eyes peeled for more info and artwork as it comes up over the next few months.

:)

PS. The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed that this release skips SHAM031. This is because SHAM031 is a super-top-secret release which has taken longer than expected to organise, due to the hard work Shameless and the film’s creators are putting in. You’ll have to wait to find out what it is but, trust me, it’ll be worth it! Please note: I have set up this thread for you to speculate as to the nature of SHAM031 so please don’t discuss it in this thread which is for Almost Human.

Jonny 21st January 2011 08:56 AM

Good news. It's about time UK retailers had the chance to stock some 'poliziesco all'Italiana'.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes down with the horror and sleaze fans as unlike a lot of films from this genre this one has quite a lot of sleazy elements thanks to an off his rocker Tomas Milian.

Hopefully this will sell well enough to warrant some more releases from this genre in the UK and there's plenty of them to go at. It's an as yet un-tapped genre as far as English language DVD releases are concerned with 100s of titles sat un-released all crying out for a little love.

bdc 21st January 2011 08:58 AM

Nice one! :thumb:
I think this has something for everyone to enjoy.

PaulD 21st January 2011 09:04 AM

Awesome stuff. I've not really seen any polizieschi films so am looking forward to seeing what this is like

Gojirosan 21st January 2011 09:06 AM

Shameless are really hitting their stride now! Top, top work!

:clap:

bdc 21st January 2011 09:07 AM

As Jonny mentioned,there's also a lot of sleaze in this one so it's a perfect choice for Shameless imho.

Inspector Tanzi 21st January 2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 123299)
Good news. It's about time UK retailers had the chance to stock some 'poliziesco all'Italiana'.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes down with the horror and sleaze fans as unlike a lot of films from this genre this one has quite a lot of sleazy elements thanks to an off his rocker Tomas Milian.

Hopefully this will sell well enough to warrant some more releases from this genre in the UK and there's plenty of them to go at. It's an as yet un-tapped genre as far as English language DVD releases are concerned with 100s of titles sat un-released all crying out for a little love.

Johnny took the words right out of my mouth.

It's about time Shameless released some Italian crime films:cool:

Pardon my French but for those who haven't seen it the best best way I can describle Milian in this is "a horrible despicable little c*nt", those who haven't seen they may be quite surprised at some of his antics and those who have seen it will know exactly what I mean.

I first got my hands on this roughly 20 years ago under the title "The Executioner".

I've got a Greek release with the fantastic cover title of "He is a Bsstard", When I can dig it out I'll post up a scan.

Hopefully this will be a good seller and some more Lenzi crime will be added to the Shameless catalogue.

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 123319)
I've got a Greek release with the fantastic cover title of "He is a Bsstard", When I can dig it out I'll post up a scan.

I think quite a few people would like to see that if/when you get the chance!

Jonny 21st January 2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 123319)

I first got my hands on this roughly 20 years ago under the title "The Executioner".

I used to have that tape ;)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...utionerVHS.jpg

Argentofan 21st January 2011 10:58 AM

Sounds interesting. :D

Vmk2 21st January 2011 11:17 AM

fantastic news, really looking forward to it. is it going to be a dvd only release?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 11:35 AM

Awesome! Never did pick up the NoShame release, so this will be a first day purchase for certain. :cool:

Inspector Tanzi 21st January 2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 123329)
I think quite a few people would like to see that if/when you get the chance!

Here you go ;)

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...isaBastard.jpg

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vmk2 (Post 123344)
fantastic news, really looking forward to it. is it going to be a dvd only release?

Yep, DVD only.

Thanks for the image, Tanzi... Love that alternate title!

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk

bedorca 21st January 2011 12:04 PM

New Shameless title = compulsory Bedorca purchase :thumb:

Paul@TheOverlook 21st January 2011 12:10 PM

This is a great, great film. The perfect place to introduce those will little experience in Italian crime because it’s so sleazy. Let’s hope it sells bucket loads and allows Shameless to release more crime flicks.

Inspector Tanzi 21st January 2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 123355)
This is a great, great film. The perfect place to introduce those will little experience in Italian crime because it’s so sleazy. Let’s hope it sells bucket loads and allows Shameless to release more crime flicks.

Indeed.

How about a Merli/Lenzi tin!!!!!!!:cool:

Eurosleaze 21st January 2011 01:36 PM

Hopefully Milian's antics are not that naughty that they require BBFC cuts.

I am so looking forward to this kind of release - I have almost exhausted the range of English-friendly Italian polizio movies that I can get hold of. (There are a few more, like Street Law, but it's running low.)

Cheers!

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 01:47 PM

Another film I've never seen, and another I can add to the list to thank Shameless for introducing me too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the blob 21st January 2011 01:58 PM

This is a nice surprise! I've got the No Shame disc but it's a killer movie so I'll be grabbing this for sure.

Gojirosan 21st January 2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Absoutely!

:clap::cool:

Mojo 21st January 2011 04:07 PM

I've been watching quite a bit of Eurocrime stuff lately ( particularly Fernando Di Leo ) so I'm really looking forward to this one! :)

Sam 21st January 2011 04:25 PM

Great news, I love this film! Time to upgrade my Thai DVD, which has served me well but sounds like it was mastered at the bottom of a well! A few extras would put the icing on the cake :pray:

broonage 21st January 2011 05:12 PM

Excellent news!

Italian Crime and Milian mix so well in a blender!

Thanks Shameless! Please more like this.

Paul 21st January 2011 06:23 PM

I've already got the Noshame release of this and it is one of Lenzi's best films.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 07:23 PM

Excellent!
Milan is great.Him and Testi are brilliant actors!

I like that He's a Bastard title though-that combined with the yellow box would be quite eyecatching in HMV eh?

Crystal Plumage 21st January 2011 08:22 PM

Great film.

Paul@TheOverlook 21st January 2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 123459)
Excellent!
Milan is great.Him and Testi are brilliant actors!

Testi's not in this one, Reaper.

RigorMortis 21st January 2011 10:07 PM

Great! Can't wait for this release, love Lenzi's poliziottescho films!

robertzombie 22nd January 2011 07:06 PM

This looks awesome! Can't wait to see it. When's it out? :D

kingofwitches666 23rd January 2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

I'm one of those with "little experience in Italian crime" movies you mention, so I for one am really looking forward to getting this! :)

Paul@TheOverlook 23rd January 2011 08:39 PM

You're in for a treat, it's a great, great film.

Pete 24th January 2011 10:05 AM

Can't wait for this. I have only seen one of Lenzi's crime films: From Corleone to Brooklyn.

Paul@TheOverlook 24th January 2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 123848)
Can't wait for this. I have only seen one of Lenzi's crime films: From Corleone to Brooklyn.

FROM CORLEONE TO BROOKLYN is good but pales by comparison to the likes of ALMOST HUMAN, ROME ARMED TO THE TEETH and VIOLENT NAPLES.

broonage 24th January 2011 10:41 AM

I hope that Shameless put out some of the Lenzi films that have never had a good release.

Sarah@Cult Labs 27th January 2011 10:25 AM

News fresh from Shameless!

Special features planned (although not 100% confirmed as yet) for Almost Human are interviews with Tomas Milian and Umberto Lenzi!

Jonny 27th January 2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 124440)

Special features planned for Almost Human are interviews with Tomas Milian and Umberto Lenzi!

All new or recycled?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th January 2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 123384)
Another film I've never seen, and another I can add to the list to thank Shameless for introducing me too. :)

My sentiments exactly as this is another offshoot of the Italian crime film that I haven't come across before so hats off to Shameless for expanding their range.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 124440)

Special features planned (although not 100% confirmed as yet) for Almost Human are interviews with Tomas Milian and Umberto Lenzi!

Excellent news -- do you know anything about the artwork as in what will be on both sides of the reversible sleeve?

Inspector Tanzi 28th January 2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 124441)
All new or recycled?

As this post has quietly not been;) answered I expect to see Milian in a beanie hat.

bdc 28th January 2011 03:33 PM

Maybe he hasn't decided yet on which hat he wants to wear? ;)