Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   SHAM032 - Almost Human: The DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/almost-human/6017-sham032-almost-human-dvd-specs.html)

bedorca 21st July 2011 08:23 AM

Wonderful film. Thomas Milian is a complete headcase and Henry Silva was, well, Henry Silva!

Nemesis 21st July 2011 07:27 PM

Watched the Italian version of this last night - terrific stuff! Well done, Shameless :clap:

Pete 22nd July 2011 04:59 PM

HMV surprisingly had 6 copies in store today. I think it's the first time they've actually bothered to stock a Shameless title on the week of release.

Gojirosan 22nd July 2011 07:44 PM

The picture quality is STUNNING! And to see this in a lovely 'scope print, I never realised how superb that opening car chase sequence actually was!

the blob 23rd July 2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotten (Post 167338)
I watched it through my Logiks portable with headphones, as i do all my dvds and there was definatly anecho on all dialogue

I think this was on the No Shame disc as well and certainly on other No Shame discs I have. Basically, whichever company has done the audio restorations has over cooked it and it's an aliasing effect from too much noise reduction probably during hiss/pop removal. It also takes a bit of the top end out. Doesn't sound luge they used the best gear for it to be honest.

It's not overly noticeable on speakers but definitely comes out over headphones.

Rotten 23rd July 2011 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 168073)
I think this was on the No Shame disc as well and certainly on other No Shame discs I have. Basically, whichever company has done the audio restorations has over cooked it and it's an aliasing effect from too much noise reduction probably during hiss/pop removal. It also takes a bit of the top end out. Doesn't sound luge they used the best gear for it to be honest.

It's not overly noticeable on speakers but definitely comes out over headphones.

Cheers Blob , at least now i know i aint going mad! lol

dustdevil 6th August 2011 12:27 PM

Interesting to see that the trailer uses alternate takes to the film itself - more nudity and longer shot of car theft and also slow motion shot of the car chase.

Pete 6th August 2011 12:45 PM

Some of the car chase - like the car going through the flaming boxes - is from Sergio Martino's THE VIOLENT PROFESSIONALS.

Jonny 7th August 2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 172030)
Some of the car chase - like the car going through the flaming boxes - is from Sergio Martino's THE VIOLENT PROFESSIONALS.

It's also in Lenzi's ROMA A MANO ARMATA. All produced by Luciano Martino's Dania films so no doubt recycled to save a few pennies.

Filmbar70 8th August 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 172310)
It's also in Lenzi's ROMA A MANO ARMATA. All produced by Luciano Martino's Dania films so no doubt recycled to save a few pennies.

Didn't he just hire out Remy Julienne for a couple of days to do some crazy bonkers driving and insert when required? The reason why the protagonists mindless change cars mid chase...
Bet the answers on Lovelock... ;)