Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Almost Human
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2011, 08:23 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Wonderful film. Thomas Milian is a complete headcase and Henry Silva was, well, Henry Silva!
Old 21st July 2011, 07:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched the Italian version of this last night - terrific stuff! Well done, Shameless
Old 22nd July 2011, 04:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

HMV surprisingly had 6 copies in store today. I think it's the first time they've actually bothered to stock a Shameless title on the week of release.
Old 22nd July 2011, 07:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The picture quality is STUNNING! And to see this in a lovely 'scope print, I never realised how superb that opening car chase sequence actually was!
Old 23rd July 2011, 02:44 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
I watched it through my Logiks portable with headphones, as i do all my dvds and there was definatly anecho on all dialogue
I think this was on the No Shame disc as well and certainly on other No Shame discs I have. Basically, whichever company has done the audio restorations has over cooked it and it's an aliasing effect from too much noise reduction probably during hiss/pop removal. It also takes a bit of the top end out. Doesn't sound luge they used the best gear for it to be honest.

It's not overly noticeable on speakers but definitely comes out over headphones.
Old 23rd July 2011, 05:43 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I think this was on the No Shame disc as well and certainly on other No Shame discs I have. Basically, whichever company has done the audio restorations has over cooked it and it's an aliasing effect from too much noise reduction probably during hiss/pop removal. It also takes a bit of the top end out. Doesn't sound luge they used the best gear for it to be honest.

It's not overly noticeable on speakers but definitely comes out over headphones.
Cheers Blob , at least now i know i aint going mad! lol
Old 6th August 2011, 12:27 PM
Cultist

Interesting to see that the trailer uses alternate takes to the film itself - more nudity and longer shot of car theft and also slow motion shot of the car chase.
Old 6th August 2011, 12:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Some of the car chase - like the car going through the flaming boxes - is from Sergio Martino's THE VIOLENT PROFESSIONALS.
Old 7th August 2011, 11:35 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Some of the car chase - like the car going through the flaming boxes - is from Sergio Martino's THE VIOLENT PROFESSIONALS.
It's also in Lenzi's ROMA A MANO ARMATA. All produced by Luciano Martino's Dania films so no doubt recycled to save a few pennies.
Pete likes this.
Old 8th August 2011, 01:19 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
It's also in Lenzi's ROMA A MANO ARMATA. All produced by Luciano Martino's Dania films so no doubt recycled to save a few pennies.
Didn't he just hire out Remy Julienne for a couple of days to do some crazy bonkers driving and insert when required? The reason why the protagonists mindless change cars mid chase...
Bet the answers on Lovelock...

Like this? Share it using the links below!