Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   SHAM032 - Almost Human: The DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/almost-human/6017-sham032-almost-human-dvd-specs.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 09:27 AM

SHAM032 - Almost Human: The DVD Specs
 
SHAM032 - ALMOST HUMAN

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...LAR-GIF-02.gif

Maestro of mayhem Umberto Lenzi (Cannibal Ferox, Oasis of Fear) takes you on a tour of Italy's mean streets with this hyper-violent, ultra-sleazy, 1970s crime classic. Shameless Screen Entertainment proudly presents Almost Human restored and uncut.

Tomas Milian (Designated Victim) stars as Giulio Sacchi, an unhinged petty crook who aspires to criminal greatness. With his gang of assorted weirdos, Sacchi shanghais the pretty young daughter of a wealthy businessman, but hardboiled cop Grandi (Henry Silva - Escape From the Bronx) is in hot pursuit. The dogged detective is all that stands between the gang and the ransom but he'll need to be quick because his dastardly foe may not be able to resist the nubile body of his teenage hostage!

Almost Human is a fast-paced Lenzi crime thriller that features music from Ennio Morricone and a level of sleaziness that's atypical for the genre. If you like your cops badass and your villains badder, this is a high octane, edge-of-the-seat experience you will not want to miss!

* synopsis by Paul Alaoui



Special Features
  • Special lenticular packaging - first 1,000 units only.
  • Tomas Milian interview.
  • Fact track and article by Paul Alaoui.
  • Original English audio and Italian audio with English subtitles.
  • Theatrical trailers.
  • Shameless complete trailers.
Almost Human will be released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 18 July 2011!


Demdike@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 10:33 AM

Really looking forward to this, never seen it before.

Think i will incorporate the Shameless complete trailers into the viewing along with another film, maybe Bare Behind Bars and have a great grindhouse experience.

antmumford 28th June 2011 11:55 AM

Good to see that the lenticular sleeve is a limited edition. Will become a real collectors piece for sure

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 161197)
Good to see that the lenticular sleeve is a limited edition. Will become a real collectors piece for sure

1000 is not many. Especially when spread out between Play.com, Amazon and Hmv online, plus the hundreds of Hmv shops throughout the UK. I just hope the one i, and the rest of this forum's pre orderers are sent the limited edition version.

trench 28th June 2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 161215)
1000 is not many. Especially when spread out between Play.com, Amazon and Hmv online, plus the hundreds of Hmv shops throughout the UK. I just hope the one i am sent is a limited edition version.

The first 1000 copies of "Le Orme" (Footprints) came with the alternative title "Footprints on the Moon". I bought it well over a year after it had been released and received a limited copy. Might have just been luck, but maybe people might not have to panic so much about receiving a limited version.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench (Post 161216)
The first 1000 copies of "Le Orme" (Footprints) came with the alternative title "Footprints on the Moon". I bought it well over a year after it had been released and received a limited copy. Might have just been luck, but maybe people might not have to panic so much about receiving a limited version.

My post wasn't meant to sound like panic, it really isn't. Just a comment on the initial limited run of 1000 copies not seeming like many. Its 1/5th of the Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Limited Edition set's run.

trench 28th June 2011 02:37 PM

Haha, panic was probably a slight exaggeration on my part, though to be fair when I read that the 'Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Limited Edition' was close to selling out I panic-bought my copy! I was always going to buy it anyway but the thought of missing out on a numbered edition with the art cards didn't bear thinking about.

So are we any closer to seeing the alternative covers on this one or have I missed them already?

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench (Post 161229)
Haha, panic was probably a slight exaggeration on my part, though to be fair when I read that the 'Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide Limited Edition' was close to selling out I panic-bought my copy! I was always going to buy it anyway but the thought of missing out on a numbered edition with the art cards didn't bear thinking about.

:lol: I was in the same boat, i kept thinking Amazon might reduce the price, so held off, until suddenly Amazon didn't stock it. :eek: neither did Play :eek::eek:. Fortunately Hmv still had some left. :woot:

Sarah@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench (Post 161229)
So are we any closer to seeing the alternative covers on this one or have I missed them already?

I think I'll be revealing Panel B early next week and Panel C toward the end of next week so keep your eyes glued to the artwork thread!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 07:53 PM

VERY interesting Sarah! ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.