Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   A note on the 2nd run of Almost Human (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/almost-human/6281-note-2nd-run-almost-human.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 08:30 AM

A note on the 2nd run of Almost Human

As the first 1,000 units of Almost Human have almost completely sold out, Shameless will be launching a second run in the near future.

They have been advised that they will need to use a different CAT number for this second edition so that customers do not think they are ordering the lenticular version and then returning the DVD when they don't get it. This means that when the first 1,000 units run out, SHAM032 will be deleted.

However, Shameless is also aware that anyone buying the second, non-lenticular edition will want it to occupy the same place in their collection that the first-run copy would have done. Therefore, they have come to the decision that all second run editions will have the CAT number SHAM400, making it a different product to avoid confusion with retailers. However, the big spine number will be 32.1 so that it can occupy the same spot in your Shameless collection, while still being differentiated from SHAM032.

Hope this makes sense!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 06:23 PM

Oh, the collector in me feels a double-dip coming on!

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 168498)
Oh, the collector in me feels a double-dip coming on!

:crazy:

Must have money to burn.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 168499)
:crazy:

Very true, but that's obsessive collecting knows nothing about logic!

dream demon 25th July 2011 09:20 PM

So does that mean that all copies that are out there right now to buy are from the first run, and therefore have the lenticular cover?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 168557)
So does that mean that all copies that are out there right now to buy are from the first run, and therefore have the lenticular cover?

if I understand everything correctly, the first run was of 1000 copies which had a lenticular insert and the second run will not have a lenticular insert and a slightly different spine number.

Does that make sense?

dream demon 25th July 2011 09:37 PM

Oh yeah, I get that, Nos. :thumb:

What I wanted to clear up was whether all the copies that retailers (for example Amazon) have in stock now are from that first run of 1000 copies? I hope I'm making sense here! :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 09:44 PM

Sarah's initial post suggests they haven't printed the second run yet so I guess all the ones on the market are from that first from so will have lenticular inserts.

dream demon 25th July 2011 09:52 PM

Sweet. :) That's what I was hoping.

Sarah@Cult Labs 26th July 2011 08:25 AM

Yep, all the ones out there right now have the lenticular sleeve. When the second run is printed you may still be able to get the lenticular sleeve if the retailer has stock but it should be listed as a different product with a different catalogue number on their systems.

So:

SHAM032 = lenticular cover.

SHAM400 = no lenticular cover (this will have the spine number of 32.1).