Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Amsterdamned

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:02 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I can't believe they went with the cover. after all of the negativity and slating of it, and the fact that it's absolutely atrocious, they still went with it. you can say that liking it is subjective, but Jesus, there's knock off DVD's in the pound shop that look more professional than that.
I knew they wouldn't change it.
Old 23rd October 2012, 01:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I reckon people have gone a bit mental over this cover. Sure its not the greatest art in the world but it serves the purpose and is no better/worse than most of their other covers. If Shameless think that's the artwork that will sell most copies then that's the artwork they have to go with.

Admittedly they could have announced on here that people's opinions have been noted but they still felt this was the artwork to go with; I'm sure the mods on here let them know how many people felt about the artwork so a message, either directly or via a mod, would have been nice.

But again, I don't know what all the fuss is about, the artwork seems fine, its a very subjective thing anyway; beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 24th October 2012, 06:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw285 View Post
Can anyone confirm that the disc does actually contain the original Dutch language with English subtitles?
Yep, it is. I watched it with the Dutch audio. It's of a better quality than the English dub too.

Really fun film it was also, my first viewing. Wasn't as gory as I was expecting, but that boat chase sequence was just awesome!
Old 25th October 2012, 03:50 AM
Active Cultist

seen the nouveaux release recently, the boat chase is good, its like the car chase off the french connection only on a speedboat lol. the rest of the film is totally ordinary and the killer is abit unrealistic.
still puzzled as to why they releasing it to be honest.
Old 25th October 2012, 06:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Decided to cancel my zavvi order which still hadn't been dispatched and go buy it in HMV... Problem being that they didn't have it in!!! Going to have to pick it up in London at the weekend. If the capital doesn't have it, nowhere does

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 25th October 2012, 11:05 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Decided to cancel my zavvi order which still hadn't been dispatched and go buy it in HMV... Problem being that they didn't have it in!!! Going to have to pick it up in London at the weekend. If the capital doesn't have it, nowhere does
Bolton has a copy......for £17!!!""
Old 25th October 2012, 05:00 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Zavvi are bloody awful!

I cancelled my cemetery man order after waiting over 2 weeks for them to dispatch. wont bother again

Anyway my copy of amsterdamned came yesterday, gonna try to find the time to watch over the weekend
PaulD likes this.
Old 25th October 2012, 05:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I never used to have any issues with Zavvi as they were quick to send stuff out before but they getting slower and slower these days
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th October 2012, 05:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I never used to have any issues with Zavvi as they were quick to send stuff out before but they getting slower and slower these days
In the last 4 months their delivery service is awful! I'm waiting for stuff they've sent a month ago !!
Old 25th October 2012, 08:02 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
In the last 4 months their delivery service is awful! I'm waiting for stuff they've sent a month ago !!
is it actually dispatched then? if not id just cancel and buy it somewhere else

Like this? Share it using the links below!