Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Argent's Official Fan Forum

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2012, 12:00 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Exclamation Shameless & Argent at Cine-Excess VI

Shameless, and its sister label, Argent Films, have hooked up with CineExcess Film Festival again this year...

Shameless and Argent releases will again be celebrated during this year’s CineExcess to mark the presence of BOTH Enzo G. Castellari AND Sergio Martino.

It’s not only an occasion to see these films on big screen within the prestigious conference on Global Cult Films that is Cine Excess, but for fans and for us it’s the occasion to welcome not one but TWO of our hero-directors: the master of action cinema Enzo G. Castellari and the master of the sexy, elegant, slasher giallo Sergio Martino.

We can so far confirm that Enzo Castellari has personally chosen KEOMA (released by Argent) to accompany his visit to Cine-Excess VI. We are waiting to hear what other Shameless film or films the directors will wish to showcase.

KEOMA is Castellari’s seminal and highly acclaimed Spaghetti Western masterpiece.

Revered by Quentin Tarantino, who calls him “My Maestro!”, the hugely influential Castellari, who has long been considered a master of action cinema, directs with breathtaking visual style and flair this unique and innovative entry in the Spaghetti Western genre.

Franco Nero (Django, Die Hard 2, The Virgin And The Gypsy, Camelot) stars as the half-breed gunslinger of the title, returning after fighting in the American Civil War to find his hometown under the dictator-like rule of a criminal gang leader named Caldwell. Keoma's return is welcomed by his aging father but resented by his three half-brothers, not least because, against their father's wishes, they are now in the employment of the corrupt Caldwell. Intent on restoring justice to the town, Keoma finds himself up against Caldwell's horde of gangsters and his own flesh and blood in a deadly and ultimately tragic conflict.

KEOMA ranks alongside DJANGO as one of Franco Nero's finest films and also features powerful performances from a superb cast which includes Woody Strode (The Quick And The Dead, Once Upon A Time In The West, Spartacus).

Cine-Excess VI will be held at the Odeon Covent Garden & The Italian Cultural Institute, London from 24 to 26 May 2012. For more info, check out their website.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 9th May 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 1st May 2012, 12:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Love KEOMA! Such a superb film.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 1st May 2012, 07:42 PM
Cult Addict

I'm already there. Just 23 more days of waiting in this seat.
Thank god for angry birds!

DVD and BD collection
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:14 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I'll be there on the last day. It looks like a great line up of papers and events!
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:47 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Looks like a great event. However, just one small niggle: I'd hardly call Keoma a 'seminal' spaghetti western, coming as it did at the tail end of the spaghetti western cycle. The honour of being a 'seminal' spaghetti western must surely go to Leone's A Fistful of Dollars. That's the one that kickstarted the whole genre, not Keoma, as good as it is.

Yeah, I know, it's just a blurb and hyperbole. But I'm a stickler for using words properly.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 4th May 2012, 10:55 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I'll be there on the Friday and Saturday.
Old 9th May 2012, 10:00 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Exclamation

More news - this time it's Shameless at Cine-Excess VI!

Quote:
We can now confirm that, as well as KEOMA, Castellari’s BRONX WARRIORS will also be showed in London’s West End at the Odeon Covent Garden on Saturday 26th May - after an on-stage talk organised by Cine-Excess with Tarantino’s “Maestro” himself Enzo G. Castellari, live in London!

If you can't make Cine-Excess but haven't seen this fab film yet, it's still available to buy on Amazon so why not get hold of a copy?

Shameless fans will also be able to come along to Cine-Excess to see the master of the elegant slasher giallo himself, Sergio Martino!

What better reason to rewatch/get hold of some of the director's classics, Torso and The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh, on Shameless DVD?

Also available from Argent is Martino's boy's own war adventure, Casablanca Express: The Churchill Kidnap!

So brush up on your Castellari and Martino and get yourself down to London for Cine-Excess VI. Full details can be found on the official website.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 9th May 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10th May 2012, 03:49 PM
Cult Addict

Wot?! There showing Keoma AND The Bronx Warriors at Cine-Excess?!
Oh my, my heart is packing in!
And Torso to? But this entry confuses me, when and where is Torso being screened?

DVD and BD collection
Old 10th May 2012, 03:57 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Wot?! There showing Keoma AND The Bronx Warriors at Cine-Excess?!
Oh my, my heart is packing in!
And Torso to? But this entry confuses me, when and where is Torso being screened?

TORSO isn't being shown, Sarah's quote about TORSO said you should watch it on DVD if you can't get down to London for the other shows.
Old 10th May 2012, 04:15 PM
Active Cultist

Will they be screening off dvd?

Like this? Share it using the links below!