Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree561Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th December 2012, 08:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy Aint No Pleasing You guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I think we all need to calm down and not get too carried away calling each other out. This is a friendly place

Quick Vic give us a happy tune to get us back on track here
never has a song been so apt

Last edited by VicDakin; 16th December 2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Aint No Pleasing You
Old 16th December 2012, 08:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
Hell yeh, Jack! We haven't had this much 'fun' on here since I did that Bay of Blood cover.
You keep mentioning that, I think I must not have been around back when you posted that. I actually quite like that cover as a piece of art. I'm guessing folk got upset about it not being all slashy n' bloody, right . . . ?
Old 16th December 2012, 08:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Arrowfan, just a kind word. You may want to re-phrase your language, it does come across as both rather condisending and rude. No one is truely sad Arrow have buggered off. Miffed maybe, Daimonias view's are good example's of why, but no one is sad. I for one wich them luck but by judging there move of the 'Fan Base' comments on FB so far there not all that well informed. And if you don't know what your 'Fan Base' wan't, how can you provide?
I'm as upset as anybody else and although I may come across as a little harsh sometimes, it's seriously not meant that way at all.

I've never once tried to be rude to any one unless I feel particularly slighted.

I agree with your points, I just thought people were being a bit hard on the FB comments. There are people who don't know that zombi 2= zombie flesh eaters.

Thanks for the response. I never meant to be overtly harsh. I do tend to get passionate with my responses and enjoying debating but it stops there.

If I seem rude or condescending I sincerly apologize.
Old 16th December 2012, 08:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
never has a song been so apt

Old 16th December 2012, 08:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Scream Factory thread. You said my posts are starting to bore you.

I know you don't like me as a poster and its why I haven't directly responded to you much here. I will Like a comment you make that I think is good but you come across towards me as harsh so I try to not respond. The comment you made about being bored brought up old wounds so yes I commented back.

Before this I had never had any problems with you before and was really surprised you did with me.
I don't have a problem with you or anyone else here for that matter and I've just reread the Scream Factory thread to see what you were going on about. Yeah I said you were starting to bore me, the reason was because anytime someone said anything that wasn't good about Scream Factory, you got all defensive like it was a personal attack on you or your company, that was beginning to bore me.
If you scroll back a few pages on that thread you'll see that we were having a discussion about slasher film books, so for you to say I don't like you as a poster is completely wrong.
Daemonia and Criterion7 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th December 2012, 08:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I think we all need to calm down and not get too carried away calling each other out. This is a friendly place

Quick Vic give us a happy tune to get us back on track here
Yes,this thread caused too many debates already so
Old 16th December 2012, 08:45 PM
Cult Master

Daemonia, VicDakin, bdc and 4 others like this.
Old 16th December 2012, 08:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
I got a response from Nicola saying mine were lost and are being resent. I appreciated the honest response.

ok now it's rant time...

I'm going to preface this rant by letting everyone know I'm a business major and just finished my term. One of the courses was directly on Social Media and business.

Ok...this has gotten kinda juvenile. People on here making fun of the Facebook people...cause of course no one on this site has Facebook right??? Oh wait...ya you probably all do.

Facebook has become one of the greatest resources in order to grow and expand business. If you have a business and you don't have Facebook and twitter then that's just sad.

I enjoy this forum and Arrow was what brought me here. Not the other way round. I stay for some of the more intelligent conversation.

But this elitist bs of how the responses are somehow less then made in here because maybe they don't know what company holds the rights to what...maybe they have more of a life than we do? It's silly .

Someone even made fun of someone wanting a special edition of Session 9. I don't know if in the uk there is one but I'll second that want. Session 9 was a brilliant film and definitely could use a special edition. If there's already one link me too it. If there's not and you are making fun of the film...that's wrong.

There are others on here who are thinking this but saying it a mite more politely . I'm not . I'm honest and blunt. Arrow is gone, I don't know the specifics behind it but I do know that anyone that thinks choosing Facebook or a smaller forum is the death knell of a company..please, please never attempt to run or go into any business.

Ideally they could have used Facebook and the forum. But they chose not to, which leads me to believe that they've been getting a more active or positive response from the Facebook page.

We can still talk about Arrow, Synapse, Scream Factory, we are all collectors and fans here. But making fun of other collectors and fans is just sad and wrong.
Social media is important but facebook on its own will not help a business flourish. That being said I think country to country it is different.
The people that like Arrow films on fb aren't completely a representative of its customer base. Companies should have a presence on all social media sites to stay ahead of the game but I would expect to just see news about releases blanketed across all social media sites. Forums like this are more focused, the people on here have a serious interest in their output.

But for me facebook is old hat, everyone is on there which to me is annoying, the amount of old friends I've friended not to be rude but have found myself hiding their hideous comments is in the double figures
I personally don't think to look for businesses on facebook, for me going to their fb page is the last resort and if they do only have a fb account I imagine that they are either not big enough or haven't had time to establish a proper internet presence.

Saying that, I'm not that bothered possibly as I've not been here long enough but I can imagine some people feel shunned/dumped. Even though everyone is still free to discuss Arrow in pretty much the same way it is like they're saying they don't want to associate with us, like we aren't worthy. I came here because of Shameless though, I've picked up the odd Arrow release but have bought more because of this forum and will pick up things cheap if it is something I want.
Old 16th December 2012, 08:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Facebook is good for promoting mine and a load of other Halifax bands' gigs etc, but I also have a page for my guitar tuition and have found that word of mouth, advertising in local businesses and the simple task of printing business cards has done a hell of a lot more for me than Facebook, same goes for our drummer who recently set up his own joinery company and has aqcuired shitloads of work through word of mouth with hardly any coming from Facebook. It works for some, not so much for others.
As for Arrow, they can bollox for all I care

I'm joking obviously
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th December 2012, 08:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I don't have a problem with you or anyone else here for that matter and I've just reread the Scream Factory thread to see what you were going on about. Yeah I said you were starting to bore me, the reason was because anytime someone said anything that wasn't good about Scream Factory, you got all defensive like it was a personal attack on you or your company, that was beginning to bore me.
If you scroll back a few pages on that thread you'll see that we were having a discussion about slasher film books, so for you to say I don't like you as a poster is completely wrong.
Then I'm officially handing the olive branch in hopes of starting fresh. My bad for taking it wrong. Which I did honestly and earnestly.

Like this? Share it using the links below!