Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER-STEELBOOK/BLU RAY DISCUSSION THREAD (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/10830-fall-house-usher-steelbook-blu-ray-discussion-thread.html)

Rik 26th April 2013 12:12 PM

THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER-STEELBOOK/BLU RAY DISCUSSION THREAD

The Fall of the House of Usher SteelBook / Blu-ray

HE BURIED HER ALIVE… TO SAVE HIS SOUL!

When exploitation maestro Roger Corman decided to raise his game by hiring Vincent Price to star in an adaptation of a classic tale by Edgar Allan Poe, he set in train a series of Poe adaptations that would redefine American horror cinema.

When Philip Winthrop (Mark Damon) visits his fiancée Madeleine Usher (Myrna Fahey) in her crumbling family mansion, her brother Roderick (Price) tries to talk him out of the wedding, explaining that the Usher family is cursed and that extending its bloodline will only prolong the agony. Madeleine wants to elope with Philip, but neither of them can predict what ruthless lengths Roderick will go to in order to keep them apart.

Richard Matheson's intelligent, literate script is enhanced by Floyd Crosby's stylish widescreen cinematography, but it's Vincent Price's anguished conviction in one of his signature roles that makes the film so chillingly memorable over half a century on.

Special Features:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director and producer Roger Corman
- Legend to Legend: Director and former Corman apprentice Joe Dante reflects on the iconic Poe cycle
- Through the Pale Door: A Specially-commissioned video essay by critic and filmmaker David Cairns examining Corman’s film in relation to Poe’s story
- Archival interview with Vincent Price
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Tim Lucas and an extract from Vincent Price’s long out of print autobiography, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
- More to be announced!

Also available in Limited Edition SteelBook

Released 26th August

The Fall of the House of Usher

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...76745978_o.jpg

fuzzymctiger 27th April 2013 12:03 AM

A very nice looking steelbook!

J Harker 27th April 2013 08:58 AM

Really pleased with this release. I never thought we'd get blu-ray steelbooks of titles like this.

bdc 27th April 2013 09:02 AM

Top gothic horror imho.

J Harker 27th April 2013 09:36 AM

Really hope this is an indicator of things to come from Arrow. Would love to see more of the marvellous Vincent Price on blu.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2013 10:37 AM

I'll definitely buy this one as I love the Corman Poe adaptations and I'm a sucker for steelbooks even though I don't have anywhere to display them.

Rik 27th April 2013 10:45 AM

I'm hoping we get all the Corman/Price/Poe adaptions, along with Hammer and Amicus, these films are what got me into horror in the first place as a kid so seeing them on Blu Ray will be fantastic

Susan Foreman 24th July 2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 337698)
The Fall of the House of Usher SteelBook / Blu-ray

Special Features:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director and producer Roger Corman
- Legend to Legend: Director and former Corman apprentice Joe Dante reflects on the iconic Poe cycle
- Through the Pale Door: A Specially-commissioned video essay by critic and filmmaker David Cairns examining Corman’s film in relation to Poe’s story
- Archival interview with Vincent Price
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Tim Lucas and an extract from Vincent Price’s long out of print autobiography, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
- More to be announced!

Full specs have now been announced:

-High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the feature, transferred from original film elements by MGM
-Original uncompressed 2.0 Mono PCM Audio
-Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
-Audio commentary with director and producer Roger Corman
-Legend to Legend: An interview with director and former Corman apprentice Joe Dante
-Interview with author and Gothic horror expert Jonathan Rigby
-Fragments of the House of Usher: A Specially-commissioned video essay by critic and filmmaker David Cairns examining Corman’s film in relation to Poe’s story
-Archival interview with Vincent Price
-Original Trailer
-Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
-Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Tim Lucas and an extract from Vincent Price’s long out of print autobiography, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th July 2013 08:33 AM

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/.../Excellent.jpg
Excellent.

trebor8273 24th July 2013 10:00 AM

Really can't wait for this and I really like artwork on the steelbook