Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   LIFEFORCE-STEELBOOK/BLU RAY DISCUSSION THREAD (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/10833-lifeforce-steelbook-blu-ray-discussion-thread.html)

Rik 26th April 2013 12:17 PM

LIFEFORCE-STEELBOOK/BLU RAY DISCUSSION THREAD

Lifeforce SteelBook / Blu-ray

IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE, THE TERROR BEGINS.

When a space shuttle crew finds a mysterious spacecraft containing three human-looking creatures in a state of suspended animation, they bring them back to Earth for further investigation.

It's only then that scientists discover that they are in fact a race of space vampires that feed off people's life-force rather than their blood. So when they escape and run amok in London, the consequences are apocalyptic - and the shuttle crew's only survivor (Steve Railsback) seems to be the only man who can stop them.

Based on Colin Wilson’s novel ‘The Space Vampires’, co-written by Dan O’Bannon (Alien, Return of the Living Dead) and directed by Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Poltergeist), this lively sci-fi horror romp has a stellar cast including Peter Firth, Frank Finlay and Patrick Stewart - although it's Mathilda May's appearance as a naked female alien that attracts most attention to this day.

2-Disc Blu-ray Special Edition Special Features:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of both the Theatrical and Director’s Cuts
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New audio commentary with director Tobe Hooper
- New audio commentary with make-up effects artist Nick Maley
- Cannon Fodder: The Making of Lifeforce - An epic UK-exclusive look at the genesis, production and release of Lifeforce featuring interviews with Hooper, producer Michael J. Kagan, editor John Grover, actors Aubrey Morris and Nicholas Ball, makeup artist Sandra Exelby, screenwriter Michael Armstrong, sound designer Vernon Messenger, artistic designers Tom Adams and Douglas Smith and effects artist John Schoonraad.
- New Cast & Crew Retrospective with star Steve Railsback, Hooper, Mathilda May and more!
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, a new interview with Oscar-winning visual effects artist John Dykstra by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
- More to be announced

Released 30th September

Lifeforce, Tobe Hooper

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...70186386_o.jpg

wongfeihung62 26th April 2013 05:35 PM

I remember seeing this in the West End on it's theatrical release. A fun movie and definitely a purchase from me.

fuzzymctiger 26th April 2013 11:59 PM

No longer interested in the Scream Factory edition.

Shame Arrow don't put the new artworks on the steel books anymore, but I'll still be getting the steel books.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th April 2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 337873)
No longer interested in the Scream Factory edition.

I'm the same. I preordered some Scream Factory titles the other day and left Lifeforce, with the intention of ordering it on my next payday. That won't be happening now. Arrrow are getting my cash for this one.

mlock76 27th April 2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 337886)
I'm the same. I preordered some Scream Factory titles the other day and left Lifeforce, with the intention of ordering it on my next payday. That won't be happening now. Arrrow are getting my cash for this one.

I agree! :nod: Thanks for posting the specs so early. Thought Arrow would make us wait for a couple more months. So the non-steelbook version will only have the choice of 2 covers? Either way, it WILL be mine! :dance:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2013 11:32 AM

I really like the new artwork, so will probably pick up the steelbook.

Vampix 27th April 2013 11:39 AM

I remember going to see Lifeforce with my brother on its original cinema release.We both loved it! I'll definitely be adding this to my shopping list, it looks like another great Arrow package. :nod:

demonknight 27th April 2013 06:34 PM

Class, now roll on September 30th :coolblue:

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th April 2013 06:44 PM

The poster artwork on the reverse is really nice, for a couple of reasons ;)

A thought had occured to me, and they may have already tried it but were't happy with the results.....white spines on all the releases. Would still match the already released discs when they're on people's shelves.

Colonel Cabbage 5th July 2013 01:45 AM

Patrick Stuart gay/vampire kiss...

I just watched this on Netflix and its awesome! Completely mad, but brilliantly so. Definitely gonna pick this up!:woot: