Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Where have the white covers gone?? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/10859-where-have-white-covers-gone.html)

Culture Vulture 4th May 2013 11:54 AM

Where have the white covers gone??

The loss of slipcases was disappointing, but now Arrow Video releases aren't even white and basically look like the Arrowdrome releases. Anyone know what's going on?

Daemonia 4th May 2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture Vulture (Post 339391)
The loss of slipcases was disappointing, but now Arrow Video releases aren't even white and basically look like the Arrowdrome releases. Anyone know what's going on?

The white borders were stolen by inter-galactic bandits.

In other words, I don't know. :lol:

Hawkmonger 4th May 2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 339395)
The white borders were stolen by inter-galactic bandits.

In other words, I don't know. :lol:

I blame Tharg.

But yeah, Arrow moved on, as so many labels do. I prefer this new look. More like MoC or Criterion.

Nordicdusk 4th May 2013 12:13 PM

Are the spines still white ?

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 339399)
Are the spines still white ?

Nope! I was wondering if Arrow had tried keeping the spines white, so they'd still match when you have them on your shelf. I guess we'll get used to the new ones. Let's just hope Arrow don't start re-releasing older titles in the new style packaging.

Nordicdusk 4th May 2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 339406)
Nope! I was wondering if Arrow had tried keeping the spines white, so they'd still match when you have them on your shelf. I guess we'll get used to the new ones. Let's just hope Arrow don't start re-releasing older titles in the new style packaging.

Cheers Stephen thats a real shame. Like yourself and most people here i love when they all match up. Oh well :(

Hawkmonger 4th May 2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 339406)

Battle Royale anyone?

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th May 2013 03:03 PM

MGM have moved on from the white box cult titles now. Its mainstream horror all the way i guess.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 339451)
MGM have moved on from the white box cult titles now. Its mainstream horror all the way i guess.

MGM? Oh, that because this latest batch of Arrow titles are mostly MGM ones? :lol:

Vampix 4th May 2013 04:51 PM

To be honest I'm not bothered about the packaging the films are in.As long as Arrow keep releasing the kind of films I'm interested in, I'll keep buying them, white covers or not.In fact, I think the latest Arrow releases look better than the old ones.