Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2009, 09:13 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Yeah, these covers are fantastic. I never usually liked the Shameless artwork very much, but I really dig these.
Old 12th April 2009, 09:23 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Is that because you prefer painted artwork?
Old 13th April 2009, 12:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

That's a terrific double - sided sleeve. I'll be interested to hear what extras are included.
Old 13th April 2009, 01:23 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Is that because you prefer painted artwork?
Absolutely. I nearly always used the reverse of the sleeve, although the fact that that will still be an option is great.
Old 13th April 2009, 08:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Again,fantastic.That's three Arrow titles on the shopping list for sure.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I much prefer the flipside artwork, the main cover is awful. I'm sorry I just think it is. What are the specs for this release then? Should I shamelessley flog my EC Ultrabit DVD on eBay?
Old 14th April 2009, 10:31 AM
Active Cultist

Yeah would be interested to know if this is a new transfer of the film. Is it an HD transfer? Any chance of Arrow releasing these on Blu-ray?

I'm not really upgrading DVDs to DVDs anymore, I'm holding off until they get the full HD treatment.
Old 16th April 2009, 12:00 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Exclamation

Arrow Video are delighted to announce that to celebrate the 29th June DVD release of The House by the Cemetery - uncut for the first time in the UK - that this horror classic will receive a rare big screen outing in association with Cine Excess III.

Cine-Excess III: the Third International Conference on Global Cult Film will take place between Thursday 3oth April 2009 and Saturday 2nd May 2009 and celebrates and re-evaluates some of the biggest trends, icons, auteurs and periods of global cult film production

To encompass the biggest Cine-Excess International Cult Film Conference and Festival to date, this year’s event takes place at two high profile London media venues: the Odeon Covent Garden and the Curzon Soho Cinema. Both venues are located on Shaftsbury Avenue within two minutes walk of one another and the wider, vibrant entertainment hub of London’s Soho district.

CINE-EXCESS SCREENING: THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (Lucio Fulci, 1981)
Friday 1st May 9pm
CURZON SOHO

Undead, uncut and unashamed! One of the most notorious ‘video nasties’ of the 1980s gets its first uncut theatrical screening in over 28 years, courtesy of Cine-Excess and Arrow Films. Directed by infamous Italian splatter icon Lucio Fulci, the film transposes the theme of Romero’s urban undead into a domestic New England setting, providing a pervasive psychoanalytical theme (not to mention a monstrous villain called Dr Freudstein!) Even after 25 years, The House by the Cemetery’s visceral realization of the undead revives unsettling scenes that are not for the faint hearted.

http://www.cine-excess.co.uk/
Old 16th April 2009, 06:34 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I wish I lived in London .....

..... sometimes
Old 16th April 2009, 06:36 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well we are working on a bonus regional screening... Hopefully!

Like this? Share it using the links below!