Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Sleepless (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/1198-arrow-video-sleepless.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 13th April 2009 05:34 PM

Arrow Video - Sleepless

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the front sleeve artwork for the final of the first three initial releases from Arrow Video. Dario Argento's Sleepless was a rare return to form for the director. I interviewed him at the time it came out and asked him why he he'd taken so long to return to making giallos. Given the enthusiastic reaction to Sleepless he admitted to wondering that himself.

Anyway - enough of the chatter - here's the painted artwork and this was the final piece from Rick. By this point he was really flying and not a single modification was made to this one. What I find really exciting is I've never seen a single decent piece of artwork for this film - even the official Italian poster was dull beyond belief - especially considering some of the great set pieces the film has.

I'm keen to see whether you all think we've re-addressed this injustice. The artwork is inspired by the bravura train sequence early in the film.

SLEEPLESS

THE MASTER OF NIGHTMARES IS BACK!

Dario Argento’s Sleepless sees the director return to true giallo form in a nightmarish slasher movie of considerable style and tension.

A retired police detective is forced back into action to try and solve the case of a serial killer who makes an unwelcome return to society. Hang onto that idea, and then steel yourself for a bravura thrill ride of Argento patented murderous set pieces including a stunning opening sequence aboard a train.

The prowling camerawork, the relentless Goblin music score, and uncompromising moments of mayhem attack the senses with vicious flair that will leave you Sleepless!

smileysmile18 13th April 2009 06:22 PM

Absolutely stunning.

Almar@Cult Labs 13th April 2009 07:16 PM

That's a good start! :cool:

Pete 13th April 2009 07:17 PM

You should let Rick write the sleeve notes as his colum in Dark Side is hilarious.

Almar@Cult Labs 13th April 2009 07:27 PM

Our phone calls certainly have been amusing - that is when he's not wanted to kill me for asking for changes!

Pete 13th April 2009 07:31 PM

He should join this forum.

Almar@Cult Labs 13th April 2009 07:34 PM

i've mentioned it to him in passing. If these sleeves go down well then we can get him doing more releases and hopefully all have some fun seeing what he comes up with.

trench 13th April 2009 08:01 PM

That cover is stunning, marvellous work.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th April 2009 08:13 PM

Fantastic.I'm gonna flog my current version.;)

vincenzo 13th April 2009 09:21 PM

An excellent sleeve. No question. :cool: