Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:51 AM
Active Cultist

I ordered this from play.com last night for £15.99. It'a already on its way.
This is the first blu-ray I have bought. I've had a PS3 for ages but have never felt the need to buy a blu-ray disc cos' DVD is fine for me and is cheaper.

I've taken the plunge with this not for HD, but for the overall quality of the package. I've got the BMG directors cut on DVD and an old VHS copy somewhere...but I've never seen Argento's cut. The 3 versions together...I would pay the above price just for those in the same set.

The main reason I have bought this though is the amazing amount of extra's. I have seen "document" - many years ago - and look forward to watching it again. That combined with the Savini doc and the 2004 doc...awesome.

I'll just say here - I'm not one for importing stuff from different regions (I occasionally buy DVD-R's off ebay etc for rare/oop things) but I generally stick to region 2 for the most part.

So thankyou Arrow for putting this together. This is a special film and deserves this treatment. Lets be honest - at the core this is an indie film - there's 'special editions' out there of insanely popular films produced and distributed by the mainstream that dont get anywhere near the level of love that this set has had put into it.

Cheers.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
I ordered this from play.com last night for £15.99. It'a already on its way.
This is the first blu-ray I have bought. I've had a PS3 for ages but have never felt the need to buy a blu-ray disc cos' DVD is fine for me and is cheaper.

I've taken the plunge with this not for HD, but for the overall quality of the package. I've got the BMG directors cut on DVD and an old VHS copy somewhere...but I've never seen Argento's cut. The 3 versions together...I would pay the above price just for those in the same set.

The main reason I have bought this though is the amazing amount of extra's. I have seen "document" - many years ago - and look forward to watching it again. That combined with the Savini doc and the 2004 doc...awesome.

I'll just say here - I'm not one for importing stuff from different regions (I occasionally buy DVD-R's off ebay etc for rare/oop things) but I generally stick to region 2 for the most part.

So thankyou Arrow for putting this together. This is a special film and deserves this treatment. Lets be honest - at the core this is an indie film - there's 'special editions' out there of insanely popular films produced and distributed by the mainstream that dont get anywhere near the level of love that this set has had put into it.

Cheers.
Mine got shipped from HMV today too, we might get it at the same time.

You should really check Blu out more often, if you have got a good TV thats set up correctly, then you will notice a big difference on any of the blus that have been mastered properly. One of the best looking blu's I have is Star Trek. Rent it and see the difference.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:50 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

My copy shipped from Amazon today too.
Old 2nd March 2010, 03:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
My copy shipped from Amazon today too.
...and so did my copy - I am absolutely thrilled and since it has been a good while since I last saw it and I expect the picture to be excellent - I shall get a better view (pun intended!) of the Romero Cut, which always suffered from my multiple enjoyments of the Argento Cut and the lack of the excellent Goblin soundtrack in many scenes - but I keep an open mind and will make sure to post all praise here, once I got the set and found the time to watch it - I am scheduling it for the coming weekend...
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Lets see who gets it first, Play, Amazon or HMV customers.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th March 2010, 03:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Lets see who gets it first, Play, Amazon or HMV customers.
Got it in Germany!

To all behind this: You freaking made my day, my week - whatever - this is a great release - and I have only looked at all the stuff inside and the packaging, wait for the Tsunami of praise once I watched the BD this weekend!

Thank you very much - this film means so much to me!

Naturally I use the "real" cover to be shown though the box window (an additional surprise I had not seen there was a box on all the pics!) - what's real? look at my avatar, this was the poster hanging out in cinemas over here back when it all started for me.

Did I say thank you?
Old 4th March 2010, 03:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have yet to get mine.
Posty did not deliver anything today

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th March 2010, 03:48 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

With a reaction like that we can't wait to hear what you think on Monday!
Old 4th March 2010, 03:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
With a reaction like that we can't wait to hear what you think on Monday!
Whats happening on Monday?

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th March 2010, 04:18 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Roughale will have finished watching his copy!

Like this? Share it using the links below!