Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2009, 09:54 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Well our titties may yet harden
Have to keep abreast of things these days.
Old 12th September 2009, 10:23 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I wondered how long it would take for Vince to help with the Carry on effort!
Old 13th September 2009, 10:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

I applaud the efforts of all involved in giving us four covers to choose from.
It's great to see such hard work done to try and keep us all satisfied so very well done guys and gals!

Personally, i think it's a toss up between Rick's illustration and the gas mask cover as to which will be used for display purposes.
However, Aitch's contribution remains a worthy contender with the stark red and white artwork certainly being striking and there's still Arrow's earlier Dawn DVD design in there for the purists.
So i like to think all artistic avenues have been covered.

Why can't the big studio boys make the same sterling effort?
Old 13th September 2009, 05:53 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well all the nice comments really make all the effort worthwhile - also people making the effort to give feedback really does count - it helps drive the desire to make cool stuff so thanks everyone for taking the time.
Old 14th September 2009, 09:49 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Almar,would it be possible to have any of the sides of the packaging without any certs on it? I know the main cover and slipcase have to display certificates on them but you do get special dvds without them on it such as the uk evil dead-book of the dead edition.I realize you probabaly wren't expecting a response like this to the wonder art you guyd have come up with but just thought i'd ask And if the answer is yes and it could only be one side without certs on it,oh guess which one I would choose
Ask and ye shall receive... well sometimes! Arrow have looked into this and whilst we obviously have to keep the certs on the slipcase we don't have to on the sleeve so they're going to be removed. You'd better buy one of these things now Steve!
Old 14th September 2009, 10:07 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Excellent, this is gonna be better than getting choked by a £1000 hooker right till the happy moment....hehehe
Old 14th September 2009, 10:14 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Ask and ye shall receive... well sometimes! Arrow have looked into this and whilst we obviously have to keep the certs on the slipcase we don't have to on the sleeve so they're going to be removed. You'd better buy one of these things now Steve!
Wow,I was expecting the worst but you and Arrow have just made my year.Thank you I would have bought it anyway sir but I think dvds/blu-rays look so much better without 6 certs on a cover lol.Sorry to ramble but even just having the certifacates on the back of covers is ok.I guess the uk public would be too lazy to pick a case up to find out what rating it had.

Hmmmmm only decision now is what side to display.I think one week i'll use rick's awesome new artwork and the gasmask image the next

And in honour of how awesome you guys are to accomodating our requests,I've changed my avatar to the non-cert cover Just waiting now for someone to say that the bottom right hand corner looks a little empty

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 14th September 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 14th September 2009, 10:22 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Excellent, this is gonna be better than getting choked by a £1000 hooker right till the happy moment....hehehe
Now lets not say things we don't mean
Old 14th September 2009, 11:01 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just one thing Almar.I'm still having a hell of a time trying to figure out how you get 4 different covers even after you've explained it.Are those all on the paper sleeve that slips into the bluray case? I'm sure it's simple and i'll kick myself for my stupidity once I have it in my hands lol
Old 14th September 2009, 12:05 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

My explanation was rather long and tedious - in essence when you pull the Blu-ray out of the slipcase it'll have no back of pack - it'll be a sleeve front on both sides, pull the sleeve out and flip it over and you have two more sleeve fronts - only the slipcase will have the back of pack and the front will be a white frame with a cut-out cellophane covered hole through which you'll see the artwork.

Do say if it still doesn't make sense - as far as I know it's a wold first - we've had to get this specially created. The idea is very simple but seemingly a new one.

Like this? Share it using the links below!