Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2009, 01:26 PM
Cultist in Training

Cheers people for the comments on the white and red covers.
Just a pity I don't have a proper photoshop program with some hi-res pictures. At least they give us a starting point of what the cover could look like.
Old 2nd August 2009, 01:52 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartmcc View Post
Previews without watermarks.

Really nice mate. I'd buy that and I don't even have a blu-ray player!
Old 2nd August 2009, 04:50 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It's pretty darn stunning and that gasmask artwork has to be a serious contender - we'll know more about that in the coming weeks. Right now though for the painted artwork that's underway with an amalgamation of the ideas on this thread so if you can imagine at the bottom of the image we'll have zombies in silhouette staggering forward, a little further up the sun/dawn that's providing the backlighting and then out of that sun we've got larger, lunging lift-style zombies comin' at ya!

Well that's the idea anyway - I suspect it'll look a lot cooler than my description!
Old 2nd August 2009, 05:01 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Sounds great Almar!
Old 2nd August 2009, 05:05 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well Rick has promised to paint us something special!
Old 2nd August 2009, 08:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nice to know that the gasmask art is a serious contender for the reverse and can't wait to see what rick comes up with for the front Another thing I wondered about.What colour of case will it be in? The standard blue case or a nifty white bluray case? I'm sure that would stand out even more on the shelves.I don't think i've ever seen one in a white case yet
Old 2nd August 2009, 08:47 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

You only get blue cases which drives me somewhat potty as I'm not a fan of all film properties now turning into something like a games format with identical packaging - we have been looking into options which I hope to report back on very soon - just need to check something is possible first!

As for giving away a copy as a design prize I'm cool with that but I want to keep it informal in terms of it's a nice thing for people of all abilities to mess about with - if people get put off thinking they're not good enough then that's a bit of a bore so whatever you skills get your version on here and we'll keep this strictly fun.

Possibly for the future we will consider a fan designed option for a sleeve - we just need to build a little site so that hi-res elements are available along with frameworks etc. There's not time to do this with Dawn but hopefully it's something we can try in the future.

I can't wait to see Rick's artwork - it's a nice melding of ideas on this thread which were all very good.
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:47 PM
Cult Addict

Has limited edition packaging ever been considered for any of the bigger Arrow releases?
Old 3rd August 2009, 01:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
You only get blue cases which drives me somewhat potty as I'm not a fan of all film properties now turning into something like a games format with identical packaging - we have been looking into options which I hope to report back on very soon - just need to check something is possible first!

As for giving away a copy as a design prize I'm cool with that but I want to keep it informal in terms of it's a nice thing for people of all abilities to mess about with - if people get put off thinking they're not good enough then that's a bit of a bore so whatever you skills get your version on here and we'll keep this strictly fun.

Possibly for the future we will consider a fan designed option for a sleeve - we just need to build a little site so that hi-res elements are available along with frameworks etc. There's not time to do this with Dawn but hopefully it's something we can try in the future.

I can't wait to see Rick's artwork - it's a nice melding of ideas on this thread which were all very good.
Thats why I deleted the post Almar , the design talents to good here on this forum for one person to be selected over others of equally good talent.
I agree that it could lead to people not feeling good about themsleves and thats the last thing I would want ,as thats a feeling im only to familiar with myself . I was only wanting to get the fans here involved in what is a big BluRay release for us owners here in the UK . and has imho the ability to attract other Cult classic's on to the format here in the UK. which would be great for Cult Film fans who bought PS3 for its BluRay Player as it wont play some of the US discs.
Oh,
Why does no one like the BluRay cases. Personally I think they're really cool looking sitting on your shelf , all the same size and in a cool blue colour to match the BluRay lazer , finished of with a nice silver logo. Ultra Cool.
Plus they're sturdy.
Old 3rd August 2009, 07:27 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not exactly true.The Incredible hulk blu-ray in america was released in a green case.i'm sure it's possible to get them white if you ask whoever makes the cases nicely

Like this? Share it using the links below!