Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2010, 07:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Well, I've finished watching everything on this awesome release and it is nothing short of fantastic.

The BD presentation showed up details and colours I've never seen before ( and believe me, I've seen this one a LOT of times ). The extrs are superb, the animated sequences wonderful and the dvd package itself terrific ( have I run out of superlatives yet? )

My favourite film of all time has now become my favourite dvd release of all time. Congrats all round
Old 30th May 2010, 11:12 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Well, I've finished watching everything on this awesome release and it is nothing short of fantastic.

The BD presentation showed up details and colours I've never seen before ( and believe me, I've seen this one a LOT of times ). The extrs are superb, the animated sequences wonderful and the dvd package itself terrific ( have I run out of superlatives yet? )

My favourite film of all time has now become my favourite dvd release of all time. Congrats all round
I think i've watched the blu-ray disc of City Of The Living Dead about 20 times since i got it...that's on top of the 100 times i've seen it on dodgy betamax copies and pirated DVDs and vipcos videos...I also loved the Dawn of the Dead and Day Of The Dead Blu rays...long may the amazing releases continue...
Old 31st May 2010, 07:09 AM
Cultist in Training

YES! Got home after work today and guess what was waiting for me in the letterbox..?
CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD BLU-RAY
Old 31st May 2010, 02:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Low stock???

Is there low stock of this disc? The reason I ask is, I've had it pre-ordered from play.com ever since it was up for pre-order but it still hasn't moved in my play account.

If I remeber rightly the same thing happened with Day of the Dead. play are usually quick off the mark which is why I'm asking if it's a stock or supply isssue.
Old 31st May 2010, 02:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I am very happy with the city of the living dead disc I am making my way through the extras and am hoping to do a review on the whole package shortly
Old 31st May 2010, 02:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

This was a superb release and I truly hope that Arrow deliver more gems like this on the Blu-ray formay. I'll be eager to see what they do with Inferno
Old 31st May 2010, 07:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by myersfan73 View Post
Is there low stock of this disc? The reason I ask is, I've had it pre-ordered from play.com ever since it was up for pre-order but it still hasn't moved in my play account.

If I remeber rightly the same thing happened with Day of the Dead. play are usually quick off the mark which is why I'm asking if it's a stock or supply isssue.
My BD took almost a week after the release to arrive from HMV.com.
Old 1st June 2010, 02:10 AM
Cultist in Training

what up with amazon and this blu-ray

amazon have suspended sales for the time being
"
This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.
"
Old 1st June 2010, 02:26 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror4life View Post
what up with amazon and this blu-ray

amazon have suspended sales for the time being
"
This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.
"
Could be something as simple as it not being 2 disc as Amazon state.
Old 1st June 2010, 09:15 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
Could be something as simple as it not being 2 disc as Amazon state.
If Amazon have been advertising this with the wrong specifications, someone may get theirs and find that doesn't meet the specs they were expecting, contacted Amazon to say so and Amazon, rather than say "sorry, our website description was wrong" has temporarily pulled the item.

This is all speculation of course and we'll probably never know what the snarl up is. All the while though it's just extremely frustrating for those of you who placed an order there.

Like this? Share it using the links below!