Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2010, 12:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've already got Arrow's excellent DVD edition of COTLD, I've just put my order in for Blue Underground's BD edition.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I dipped back into the extras last night and decided to watch 'Fulci in the House'. The weird thing is, the disc flagged it as 4:3 instead of 16:9. Are you aware of this? It's no big deal at all, I just altered the player's settings to watch it in its correct ratio. Just seemed a bit odd. Is it just my player incorrectly reading the data or has anyone else noticed this..?

This isn't a complaint, by the way, just wondering if there was something funny going on with my Blu-ray player.
Old 1st June 2010, 01:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I dipped back into the extras last night and decided to watch 'Fulci in the House'. The weird thing is, the disc flagged it as 4:3 instead of 16:9. Are you aware of this? It's no big deal at all, I just altered the player's settings to watch it in its correct ratio. Just seemed a bit odd. Is it just my player incorrectly reading the data or has anyone else noticed this..?

This isn't a complaint, by the way, just wondering if there was something funny going on with my Blu-ray player.
Well that's what you get for watching that hokey old piece
Old 1st June 2010, 01:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGusto View Post
Wow you guys are not going to like me eh? lol I sent them an email regarding it, and it was not an 'anal' complaint, it was a suggestion that they should change it incase other customers think they got a dodgy copy.

Gee yeah, I mean, who the hell do these people think they are? Why would someone want the product description to be accurate?
Fair enough! I stand corrected.
Old 1st June 2010, 01:11 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I think it was just punted on for extra value - the new extras are the quality ones to spend time on.
Old 1st June 2010, 01:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I think it was just punted on for extra value - the new extras are the quality ones to spend time on.
Absolutely - the new extras are fantastic (well done to Calum, Naomi and co!). It just seemed odd that this extra was wrongly flagged. Not a problem though - I'm happy just knowing it's not player getting temepramental on me!

Amazing Blu-ray, but it sets a high standard that's going to be hard to beat (although I'm sure Inferno will be equally as good, if not better!).
Old 1st June 2010, 03:54 PM
Cult Rookie

May I join the chorus of praise for Arrows excellent City Of The Living Dead SE. It really is a great package, a tip of the hat to all involved.
Can't wait to see how Arrows future releases shape up.
Old 1st June 2010, 04:12 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I mentioned in my review that it seemed like that one was meant for the Arrow disc of HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY rather than CITY. Was it on the HOUSE disc?
Old 1st June 2010, 04:18 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It was made for the House disc and then punted onto City as well.
Old 1st June 2010, 05:36 PM
Ex-member

Meh....Out of all those on the DVD Beaver site.
I like the normal 'Arrow' DVD transfer better.

Nuts to all that grain over the faces.

Progress be damned, give me "City" on the 'Arrow' standard def DVD (which I must pick up).

Like this? Share it using the links below!