Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2009, 03:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Default day of the dead blu ray

if this is half as good an effort as the recent dotd blu ray then im going to crap my pants with so much joy i will probably shed a tear and buy new pants
ive always dreamed about deleted scenes has anyone ever heard of such a thing or maybe an alternate unhappy ending im off to visit aunt alicia
Old 14th December 2009, 05:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I wouldn't hang around these parts too much or you'll need a new pair of pants at least twice a day!

And...I have to ask, because everyone else is too polite to ( ) but who is Aunt Alicia or am I missing something glaringly obvious there...?
Old 15th December 2009, 02:16 AM
Active Cultist

Is aunt Alisha what Logan bangs on about in Day Of The Dead?

"Say hello to your aunt Alisha..."

May be wrong!
Old 15th December 2009, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Strange View Post
Is aunt Alisha what Logan bangs on about in Day Of The Dead?

"Say hello to your aunt Alisha..."

May be wrong!
Yep, it's what he gets Bub to say down the telephone when he shows Sarah & the others what he's been training him to do.
Old 15th December 2009, 02:01 PM
Cult Rookie

i have to say im a purist when it comes to the artwork for these releases,Rick Meltons cover art just doesnt cut it when compared with the original posters art work.
Tom Chantrells artwork for dawn of the dead is a stunning piece of movie art but i equally like the US versions of dawn of the dead.
Would i buy the dvd based on that cover art no,but i have bought dvds purely for their cover art,the original R1 cover art for conan was the same as the original Thorn emi release and the original poster art work by renato casaro just hasnt been issued with the uk releases.
i know those covers for arrow re releases are double sided and to get me to buy them they would need to be.
in short if it aint broke dont try n fix it.
this applies to cover art only not giving the best quality prints and extras available to the public.
Old 15th December 2009, 03:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

I must admit I'm not too keen on Rick's artwork for Day either.
Old 15th December 2009, 05:09 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Yep, it's what he gets Bub to say down the telephone when he shows Sarah & the others what he's been training him to do.
Yep - remember it fully now! Great moment.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:27 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As I've relented and bought DIARY on Blu-Ray,I can't wait for DAY to complete the Romero saga.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th December 2009, 07:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Is Dairy BluRay PQ much better than the dvd Reap's.?
I got the dvd but im not a fan to be honest , so i'd happyly pass on Dairy if its not that great an upgrade.

I still cant get Land of the Dead on BluRay ,so looks like i'll have to get HMV to order it in for me.
They are honestly awful to deal with in 'order in's' as they insist on you paying up front, (thats fine) then say they'll fone when it arrives, but they have never once phoned me when my orders have come, I have always had to phone them ,and everytime in told "its been lying upstairs for 3 or 4 days now, if you hadn't contacted us in the next few days it was getting put out on the store floor". (Thats Bad)

Back on Topic............I think Rick's cover for Dayof the Dead BluRay is a cracking piece of art, probably imho the best cover yet for DOTD , but I would like to see the cover of the ARROW 2 Disc Collecters Ed. that I have included as 1 of the other 3. (Greenish backgrond with hand print and arms , in black) Its simple yet stylish.
I think these 2 would be the only versions I would use.

Great work Rick, DOTD at last has more than 1 good cover thanks to you. I always thought that DOTD was a great film represented by mediocre (at best) arrtwork, (ARROW SE the exception) but finally now it has a cover befitting its status.,(imho) thanks to Rick.

Last edited by vipco; 16th December 2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 16th December 2009, 07:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I ain't watched it yet Vips.
I fast-forwarded through most of Diary on DVD....Although I'll give it another chance on Blu Ray.

Yeah totally agree with you about Rick's art for DOTD btw.....

Want me to get you a LAND from Blockbuster mate?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!