Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Terror At The Opera (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2241-arrow-video-terror-opera.html)

Zombie Dude 21st March 2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 68428)
It's definitely a 2-disc.

I was hoping that was the case. Definitely picking this one up. Thanks for clearing that up.

JAMIOUSE 22nd March 2010 05:49 PM

Picked my copy up at HMV today, one thing that's always puzzled me is the 'Cannes Dub' why is it considered hilliarious?

Debzz 22nd March 2010 06:22 PM

will be buying this tomorrow hopefully!!!
exciting! and i love the cover!!

:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd March 2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 68731)
Picked my copy up at HMV today, one thing that's always puzzled me is the 'Cannes Dub' why is it considered hilliarious?

I didn't find it hilarious,I just think the soft spoken english accent they used for Inspector Santini (Urbano Barberini) was completely wrong.The american accent they used was much better.

springjack 22nd March 2010 06:45 PM

Any reviews???

Philleh 22nd March 2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 68355)
The Card Player isn't a very good Argento and that's coming from someone who didn't mind Do You Like Hitckcock?

Agreed... but I have 3 copies of it and saw it on the big screen in Italy. Can we say 'Argento whore'? :lol:

JAMIOUSE 22nd March 2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 68746)
I didn't find it hilarious,I just think the soft spoken english accent they used for Inspector Santini (Urbano Barberini) was completely wrong.The american accent they used was much better.

Oh right I've always wondered what was meant to be so funny about it, bad dubs are part of the Euro Horror scene afterall.

Zombie Dude 23rd March 2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 68760)
Agreed... but I have 3 copies of it and saw it on the big screen in Italy. Can we say 'Argento whore'? :lol:

:lol: It happens. I hated The Howling 3 and somehow found myself buying 3 different copies of it.:blush:

Wilson Bros 23rd March 2010 10:09 AM

Nick's currently beavering away on a review of Opera as I type this.

Seeing as I am in possession of our Anchor Bay copy, I had to relay my impressions when comparing the two copies. From what I could ascertain, the Arrow version has a more natural colour pallette, and the Anchor Bay colours look like they have been boosted.

Kev W

Mojo 23rd March 2010 07:18 PM

Watched this last night. Lovely print and great selection of trailers. Excellent booklet and poster make this a terrific package for what is arguably Argento's last great film.