Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Inferno - The Archive (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2404-arrow-video-inferno-archive.html)

DeadAlive 21st February 2010 02:14 PM

I do have a few holes in My Argento collection. I'm holding back on Suspiria on Blu (Coz I haven't got the player yet.:suspicious:) and Inferno is another that I haven't upgraded from VHS yet. I'll be getting it anyway from Arrow, but uncut would be the cherry on top.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2010 03:51 PM

How the hell did I miss this news? The Arrow Argento collection is coming along nicely........Luvly jubbly.

Angel 21st February 2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 63826)
This has become a matter of some discussion. I have a feeling it will pass uncut this time but we'll just have to see. Close call.

Yes it's a very close call though I need to re watch the uncut version again as I haven't seen it for a while. I seem to remember the cat cruelty looking faked. Has Argento ever spoken about this sequence? The way the cat was being carried looked more cruel. There have been some recent examples of animal cruelty cuts being waived eg Bad Boy Bubby, The Silent Flute, Extreme Prejudice, The Antichrist etc but these films all contain just a single previously cut sequence, in Inferno there are 2.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I genuinely liked this film.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st February 2010 05:36 PM

Inferno is one of my favourite Argento's so this is great news indeed! :happy:

Rob Strange 21st February 2010 05:36 PM

Blimey. Didn't expect this at all. Great film.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2010 06:41 PM

*searches the internet for any news of a release of Profondo Rosso* .........:(

vincenzo 21st February 2010 06:48 PM

Profondo could definitely do with a better UK release (my 2nd favourite Argento after Suspiria). The English (shorter) print on the Platinum 2-on-1 is uncut though released without BBFC approval. The longer (and better IMO) Italian print is the cut one. The cut in the latter is extremely badly edited.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2010 06:51 PM

I've never seen the shorter print but you're right,the film deserves a better release than the one on the shelves of Poundland.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st February 2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 63904)
Profondo could definitely do with a better UK release (my 2nd favourite Argento after Suspiria). The English (shorter) print on the Platinum 2-on-1 is uncut though released without BBFC approval. The longer (and better IMO) Italian print is the cut one. The cut in the latter is extremely badly edited.

Yeah I have that release Vince and couldn't agree more; the editing is pretty atrocious. :ack:

Arrrrrrrach 21st February 2010 08:50 PM

Godammit, I just received the region 1 of this!! Heheh nice work Arrow.