Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Inferno - The Archive (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2404-arrow-video-inferno-archive.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrrrrrrach (Post 63930)
Godammit, I just received the region 1 of this!! Heheh nice work Arrow.

That always seems to happen.You wait and wait,then give in and buy something and as soon as you do,another edition is announced. :eek:

Arrrrrrrach 21st February 2010 09:00 PM

Init just! I was holding off for a while, thinking Arrow might release it! Let's see what happens now that I've also ordered the R1 Zombie! (don't even tell me if you have news!:lol:)

vincenzo 21st February 2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 63914)
Yeah I have that release Vince and couldn't agree more; the editing is pretty atrocious. :ack:

Yes Platinum's editors needed a kick up the backside, as the cut shot was painfully obvious. The old Redemption video (which additionally removed the brief scene of the two dogs playfighting) was edited far better.

Gojirosan 22nd February 2010 01:18 AM

Exceptional news! I can't see the BBFC maintaining the cuts now, but they have surprised me before!

There's no justification for cutting the cat on mouse "nature footage" and the cat to chair bit is quite clearly not a real moggie!

Whatever, even if the BBFC succumb to absurdity (as they have a history of doing...:lol: ), well done to Arrow for getting out a UK DVD of this bizarrely neglected film!

Angel 22nd February 2010 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 63900)
Profondo Rosso should pass intact today if resubmitted.

Why do you think it would pass uncut now, Vince?

vincenzo 22nd February 2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 63972)
Why do you think it would pass uncut now, Vince?

Just a feeling I have. The shot itself is very brief and some previous (though non-graphic or prolonged) previously cut cruelty footage has been waived of late. If they were prepared to pass Pink Flamingos intact (far nastier scene) then I can't see the cut to Profondo being retained.

The cat/chair scene in Inferno was an additional video cut. I'll rewatch this again to see how it could possibly fare today.

Angel 22nd February 2010 11:34 AM

From what I remember about the cat/chair scene is that the cats head hitting the chair is shown in an extreme close up shot, the shot lasts about several frames. You would need to freeze frame the shot and perhaps zoom in to really determine whether that was a real cat or not. It's certainly possible that it was faked. I think the cat/mouse scene has more chance of being cut. Will rewatch the uncut version again to have another look.

vincenzo 22nd February 2010 12:21 PM

Looking at the screencaps I still think this will have problems though I could be wrong. Very much a fringe one.

mr. brightside 22nd February 2010 06:29 PM

Great news! Hopefully, we'll get some nice extras. This would look wonderful on Blu? Any chance of a Blu-ray release?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd February 2010 06:58 PM

That Arrow collection is soon gonna be up to the same numbers as Shameless.
Side by side on a shelf,what could look cooler?