Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2010, 10:53 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Wow, this is great to hear on a Monday morning! The day doesn't feel as painful now!

About time Argento was shown the proper appreciation on UK DVD (and hopefully Blu!)
It's great news, isn't it? I was going to pick up the BU release of Bird with the Crystal Plumage, but I think I'll hold out for the Arrow release now! We're really getting spoilt, aren't we?
Old 24th May 2010, 10:59 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It's great news, isn't it? I was going to pick up the BU release of Bird with the Crystal Plumage, but I think I'll hold out for the Arrow release now! We're really getting spoilt, aren't we?
I was going to do the same, but will wait on it now - see what happens

It's long overtime for these Argento classics to receive a home on UK shelves in repectable presentations!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 24th May 2010, 11:04 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Hopefully Arrow will release the complete print of Bird With The Crystal Plumage. It would have passed without problems last time but the cut cinema/video print was submitted.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:15 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I wonder if Arrow have access to BU's HD transfer of Bird? If so, then it's bound to be the full, uncut version. More Argento on Blu-ray, I say! Yay!

And yes, Vin, this would fly through the BBFC uncut. By today's standards there's absolutely nothing in it that would warrant BBFC attention.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:18 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The joint-venture idea was a fantastic one, if there's any more of that then we can guarantee top-quality releases, and also cut the need to import. Win-win

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 24th May 2010, 11:22 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The BBFC have the power to alter and extend their polices. Perhaps they should in the case of this one, as it would then definitely settle all arguments about it.

It would also probably result in these cuts being tightened up even further.
Still only a policy, though. I think, personally, they should have a scale of seriousness. The more extreme examples of animal cruelty being cut and everything else being judged on its own merit, taking into account the age of the film, attitudes of the time and whether it was likely to shock or offend. Let's be fair, I would say that about 99% of film viewers are not aware of the cruelty involved in horse tripping and so have probably never batted an eyelid at it.

Now, I don't want to sound as if I'm campaigning for animal cruelty () but I do think that some cuts for this kind of thing are utterly pointless and change nothing.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:27 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
I wonder if Arrow have access to BU's HD transfer of Bird? If so, then it's bound to be the full, uncut version. More Argento on Blu-ray, I say! Yay!

And yes, Vin, this would fly through the BBFC uncut. By today's standards there's absolutely nothing in it that would warrant BBFC attention.
Just a reminder folks - these releases may not be Blu-rays - this is speculation from retailers for now!
Old 24th May 2010, 11:33 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
The joint-venture idea was a fantastic one, if there's any more of that then we can guarantee top-quality releases, and also cut the need to import. Win-win
Can't disagree with that, mate! Buying domestically is far better (and cheaper, these days!) and a chance to give Arrow the support they well deserve.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:34 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Just a reminder folks - these releases may not be Blu-rays - this is speculation from retailers for now!
So how do we campaign Arrow for Blu-ray's?

Blu-ray! Blu-ray! Blu-ray! Blu-ray!

Old 24th May 2010, 11:50 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
They were willing to pass it uncut last time (as an 18) but the cut print was submitted instead. Hence the 15 certificate.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!