Boooooooooooo!

I'm still going to buy it though.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 25th May 2010, 03:45 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Ok folks - the verdict from the BBFC is in...

From 1.30.02 to 1.30.07

“remove all sight of live mouth in cat’s mouth as cat chew [sic] on it”

Grounds: BBFC Guidelines, BBFC Policy

Issues: Animal Cruelty

Category with cut 18

That's me out then, I'll wait for a foreign edition.

It was different with NYR and Venus on shameless because the collection would have looked funny without them so I got them but it won't be the case with this.
Old 25th May 2010, 03:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'll be grabbing it too, purely for the effort that's gone in to it... plus the BU DVD was dirt cheap so I have those extra 5 seonds at my displosal if I really want to watch a mouse get eaten!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 25th May 2010, 03:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
That's me out then, I'll wait for a foreign edition.

It was different with NYR and Venus on shameless because the collection would have looked funny without them so I got them but it won't be the case with this.
Look this cut is all levels of ass (and utterly backwards) but let's be fair here:

You're missing five seconds of a flipping cat eating a mouse. Inferno can live without it and, in the long and short of things, I could care less.

I still cannot wait for the blu ray edition.

However, the BBFC need to get a freaking perspective: if they'd like to come visit my mum's they'll see what her cat does to birds, mice and voles. If someone films their pet python eating a mouse does this mean they are contravening the law?

Utterly stupid. This is honestly the dumbest cut I have ever come across. Ever.
Old 25th May 2010, 03:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Totally agree, Calum. It's pathetic.
Old 25th May 2010, 04:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar View Post
Ok folks - the verdict from the BBFC is in...

From 1.30.02 to 1.30.07

“remove all sight of live mouth in cat’s mouth as cat chew [sic] on it”

Grounds: BBFC Guidelines, BBFC Policy

Issues: Animal Cruelty

Category with cut 18

I suppose that was to be expected but I can really live without seeing a cat chewing a mouse and if removing those five seconds is what it takes to get it passed, then I suppose we'll have to live with it. If I really want to see a cat eating a mouse, then I could either buy a cat as a pet (which isn't going to happen as I don't like cats) or watch my Blue Underground DVD.

With all the crap that's going on in the world and the thousands, if not millions, of mice that get eaten by cats every week, I would have thought the BBFC would overlook that as it's not exactly someone killing, dismembering and eating a turtle, is it?

Disappointing, but all too sadly predictable. Even so, I'll still buy a copy for the extras and artwork.
Old 25th May 2010, 04:27 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Default Arrow Video - Inferno

While I always prefer my movies un-cut, I agree, a little perspective here. It's not like the film has been hacked to pieces. It's still an Arrow Edition of Inferno, it's an instant pre order for me.
Old 25th May 2010, 04:30 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

No surprises there whatsoever. I expected the cat/chair shot to be waived though the cat/mouse scene was pretty much guaranteed to be cut.

Expect Profondo Rosso to have the same edit as before.
Old 25th May 2010, 04:33 PM
Active Cultist

As others have said, it's not the greatest news, but I'll still be picking it up.
Old 25th May 2010, 04:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

could you get national geographic to endorse it and maybe get it passed as a wildlife special

I do have the blue underground edition and to be honest that cut,although is damn stupid, would not take anything from the movie.

I still think its absolute madness when you look at what is in Caligula!!
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!