Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Inferno - The Archive (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2404-arrow-video-inferno-archive.html)

Nika 25th May 2010 05:47 PM

Wow I'm totally buying this! The small cut doesn't bother me much. When is this hitting the streets (is august 2 for real?)?. Any word on those other announced blu's like Tenebrae and Phenomena? Will they be dvds or blu's? On Amazon they're listed as blu-rays or is that also speculation?

Daemonia 25th May 2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 81319)
Indeed Vince. Nothing would change. The cut was hardly a surprise.

Not a surprise, but wholly unnecessary. The BBFC are prehistoric and need a firmware update. :lol:

So what's your view, Angel? Do you think the BBFC were justified in making this censorship cut?

Inspector Tanzi 25th May 2010 05:55 PM

About time we got rated and unrated versions like the States.

Calum 25th May 2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 81326)
About time we got rated and unrated versions like the States.

But in the US the lack of OFCOM results in Fox News whilst public television is censored to the hilt and mainstream stores typically take only the blandest of garbage. You wouldn't find Inferno in most US chain stores, put it that way...

Nowhere is perfect :(

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th May 2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 81302)
They did cut snake cruelty from 99 Women and Race With the Devil.

Cheers for the info loops. :)

I think the vertebrate distinguisher is a fairly recent amendment to the original law though (2006 I think).

Gojirosan 25th May 2010 06:01 PM

Whlist I am not confused as to why the BBFC did what they did, I had to send them an expression of my anger over this:

Quote:

Whilst I am aware of the reasons behind the BBFC's inconsistent approach to cuts for reasons of animal welfare/depiction of violence towards animals, I feel I must register my anger and annoyance at yet another clanger of a decision from the BBFC.

The insistence that a cut must take place to remove footage of a cat eating a mouse at the 18 certificate is imbecilic in the extreme and quite possibly likely to divert business from a British film supplier to overseas suppliers.

Whilst you may quote policy over such things until you are blue in the face, I felt I had to make you aware of my disdain for this decision. I suggest that the position of the board over such matters is due reviewing. To remove such a shot from an 18 certificate film and to start removing suspicious looking horsefalls from Westerns made the best part of a century ago merely highlights how antiquated and contemptuous of the film viewing British public the BBFC have become.
I just hope I sent it to an email address of relevance!

Pete 25th May 2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 81328)
Cheers for the info loops. :)

I think the vertebrate distinguisher is a fairly recent amendment to the original law though (2006 I think).

I think they were both submitted in 2007.

P-Mac 25th May 2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 81301)
I mean, for ****'s sake you see more animal violence on The Discovery Channel. :crazy:

Exactly, I'm surprised they pass nature documentaries!

This really is a ridiculous cut.

Inspector Tanzi 25th May 2010 06:07 PM

Calum, I'm not trying to make a scene but I must ask you this question.

If you weren't linked to these releases would you be so forgiving of the cuts?

Philleh 25th May 2010 06:12 PM

Welcome back conservative Britain!!

Sorry, couldn’t resist. I'm guessing they view it as, hadn’t the film been made that mouse would have been alive for a few more weeks. Nature doc's don't tend to set up the carnage, that would be Mondo!

I'm pretty sure that will be their response anyway.