Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2010, 06:15 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Nature doc's don't tend to set up the carnage.
I reckon they may have on some occassions when they've waited too long for a cheetah ot get an antelope or something
Old 25th May 2010, 06:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A cat eating a mouse! Good ridence to the scene.Hopefully as a consequence of its removal,all of the violence,and the countries social and economic problems shall cease to be.Bit of a joke really.
Old 25th May 2010, 06:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Shhhh, or you'll destroy the sales the BBC see for their Earth DVDs once the BBFC take the shears to 'em!!

I'm guessing the scene in Inferno was staged for the film and not caught, a la Sergio Martino *cough* while filming?

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 25th May 2010, 06:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Calum, I'm not trying to make a scene but I must ask you this question.

If you weren't linked to these releases would you be so forgiving of the cuts?
I own UK discs of The Good, the Bad and the Weird, The Long Riders and Three Kingdoms among others. I don't have any interest in replacing them with discs from abroad for five or six seconds of cuts.

So, yes, is the answer (in fact, I'd rather watch the UK disc of Prisoner of the Cannibal God with the animal stuff truncated than the full version). If it's a minor cut I usually don't give two hoots. I'm sure I can dig out some other examples from my collection.

(And I'm not forgiving about the Inferno cut - in fact, it's irked me more than any other cut I can think of because it seems so flipping stupid!)
Old 25th May 2010, 06:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Indeed. Countless naturec documentaries document animals attacking and killing other animals - that's what they do in the wild. And, as someone else pointed out, I know people who buy live mice to feed their pet snakes. I just don't get what the BBFC could possibly hope to achieve. The stopping of cats eating mice?
Old 25th May 2010, 06:26 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
We'll package in a dead mouse! Your point is very good though Daemonia - Chinese whisper style this could just turn into - 'it's cut' with no one knowing it's the 5 seconds we can live without so if anyone is on other forums etc please do put people right - it'll still be an amazing release.
How about a super box along the lines of that COTLD set,but instead of the little statue of the head rising from the ground,it can be a cat with a mouse in it's jaws.We could even have the mouse make a little squealing noise set off by motion
Old 25th May 2010, 06:28 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I think it's time we took the wraps off Artwork panel 3 for the Inferno DVD and Blu-ray - Behold the Spanish artwork!

Anyhooooooooo,I love panel 3 as well.Not as eyecatching as panel 2 but still a worthy addition
Old 25th May 2010, 06:30 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I own UK discs of The Good, the Bad and the Weird, The Long Riders and Three Kingdoms among others. I don't have any interest in replacing them with discs from abroad for five or six seconds of cuts.
Three Kindoms (even though I haven't seen the cut one) could easily go unnoticed but I think the cuts to The Long Riders really show and it makes the film look poorly edited.

Hasn't Long Riders got over a minute missing in the U.K.?
Old 25th May 2010, 06:31 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
(And I'm not forgiving about the Inferno cut - in fact, it's irked me more than any other cut I can think of because it seems so flipping stupid!)
I agree, annoys me too
Old 25th May 2010, 06:35 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Arrow should "accidentally" release it uncut like they have done in the past
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!