All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2010, 07:07 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
However, as I mentioned some posts back, this decision will affect sales / income and possible new releases.
New York Ripper had heavier cuts and still became Shameless's biggest release. It also had no affect on their later releases other than to increase them.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Which brings us full circle - why cut what can be freely viewed online? It can't be that dangerous to see it then and their censorship is rendered null and void. And again I ask - why is it only visual media that is subject to censorship? What is so dangerous about it? Why not books, which were once considered to be full of dangerous ideas and ideology, which are now not vetted at all?

The BBFC are an antiquated relic of an age long since passed. Time to force them into just being a classification body and nothing more.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:09 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
The BBFC are an antiquated relic of an age long since passed. Time to force them into just being a classification body and nothing more.
They're here and they're here to stay. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
If you want companies to continue not putting the effort in then by all means increase sales of these titles - but don't bother moaning if, in future, other places see the sales figures of bare bones editions and follow suit without spending on special features.
Well said.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:14 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I deal with it by puchasing my dvds from other countries when they cut films here.
Cult Rookie

Inferno is going to be an amazing release. Top marks to all concerned for securing some very special extras. Can't wait for this one.
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I am dealing with it. I just phoned the A-Team, so they'll be on the case. I expect them to bash through their doors on a bicycle that's been turned into a tank.

What Calum said is absolutely right. Anyway, I'll be having an Inferno BD thank you very much. I'll have it for the extras and I'll get an uncut foreign BD when one surfaces.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:15 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I deal with it by puchasing my dvds from other countries when they cut films here.
Best solution.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
New York Ripper had heavier cuts and still became Shameless's biggest release. It also had no affect on their later releases other than to increase them.
I take your point, vince. But NYR was also their first release with all the publicity that goes with it. Maybe that was a factor too. How many more copies would they have sold if it had been uncut?

I've defended the BBFC on these boards on a number of occasions, but it really dismays me when they make totally unnecessay ( imo ) decisions like this.

I also happen to agree that they should be a classification body only
Old 25th May 2010, 07:19 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
likewise, we don't buy multi region machines for no reason
Old 25th May 2010, 07:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Best solution.
That's not to say that the Arrow Inferno won't take pride of place on my shelf with all the other releases because it will.I moan about the cut but hey,ho,such is life! I can deal with it.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!