Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

good 2 hear guys

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 25th May 2010, 11:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

You should all try watching standard TV in the states. I was painfully watching Taxi Driver last night. The shootout seemed to last about ten seconds! No mention about who lives in the second floor window...
Old 25th May 2010, 11:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Our cats have been raiding birds nests at the moment, and I caught my youngest stalking a frog at the bottom of the garden last weekend.
One of mine killed a bird the other day. I know it's nature but every time it happens I always feel bad that wasn't quick enough to save the poor things.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 26th May 2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Doctor Looplittle,you're a decent guy.

As long as the little shits aren't causing pandemics...

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:41 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

In fact,why don't we put that to the scissor sisters at Soho?

These things spread disease,so a cat chowing on one ain't a big deal....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
In fact,why don't we put that to the scissor sisters at Soho?

These things spread disease,so a cat chowing on one ain't a big deal....
Or we could send them this to show how deadly they are and need to be eradicated..

Killer Mouse...
Old 26th May 2010, 12:26 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Absolutely Daemonia, Im just disappointed of course that the cuts weren't much heavier
Ah, so you greatly miss the days of Ferman when only the opening and end credits of a film would remain. I'll have to send the A-Team round to yours when they've finished overthrowing the tyrannical rule of the BBFC.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:41 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Sure was. The edits to some old Anchor Bay releases were excellent too. Maniac didn't even seem like it was cut, except that the strangling scene was improved.
I'm sure director William Lustig would disagree.

In this day and age it still angers me that there is a body of people who have the power to censor films. I despise censorship of fictional works and it always smacks of a society that doesn't trust its citizens to act responsibly. Yes, I'll still pick up the BD of this because I want to support the work of the guys at Arrow and I want the extras. As for the main feature, well, I could live with it being uncut. Might only be 5 seconds, but it's still the folks at Soho Square flexing their censorship muscles.

Yes, the BBFC have come a long way, but they're still many years behind most other European countries (Germany excepted). Even Australia, which is typically quite strict with censorship issues, passed I Spit on Your Grave and Cannibal Holocaust uncut. Of course we'll never see the likes of the latter legally available here due to the severity of the animal cruelty in that one. But not even willing to pass a scene of a cat eating a mouse? It's insane and I cannot and will not support the BBFC in this and I will never say I can 'live without it' or that it's okay. It's not and it never will be. As long as someone else is deciding for me what I can watch and can't watch (within the law) then I will never be completely happy with the situation here in the UK. And let's be clear, watching a scene of a cat eating a mouse in a film in the privacy of my own home is not illegal, but nevertheless the BBFC have decided on a policy that means ridiculous cuts like this can be made and deny UK film fans the opportunity to own a full version of this great film on DVD or Blu-ray. This cut renders the package not quite definitive. Definitive would have been an uncut print of the film on the disc.

Like I say, not Arrow's fault and I will support them in this - but not the BBFC and I will not pretend that I can live with stupid censorship tampering, because acceptance means that things will never change. Arrow deserve our support and they've got mine - just a shame they have to contend with the BBFC and not only that but they pay for the privilege of having their films cut too. Seriously, what other industry has to pay someone to cripple their products?
Old 26th May 2010, 01:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

First, I'm really disappointed in the cut. Very archaic and anti-art -- even if I don't particularly want to see animal "abuses" in film (the burning rats in HUNCHBACK OF THE MORGUE are unpleasant and I usually partially look away during that scene). I would like to purchase the blu-ray of INFERNO, but I will have to think about it and check to see if Blue Underground will be releasing it uncut in the US first. It's not meant to be a slight towards Arrow, I really appreciated what they are doing, but censorship is censorship (or, censorshit as Joey Ramone sang...RIP).

What could happen if Arrow said "blow it out yer arse, BBFC" and released it uncut? Fines, penalties, legal action? This is an educational experience for me in this realm. Hmm...maybe the BBFC will allow the scene since it is becoming an educational experience instead of purely entertainment now...?
Old 26th May 2010, 04:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Just to clarify: I Spit is NOT an Arrow title. There's a new thread for this somewhere.
Aww One of your previous posts made it sound that way. I Spit would have made a great Arrow release I think.

Isn't there anyway to release Inferno unrated like America does with films?
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!