Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2010, 12:20 PM
Cultist

Where do you get the artwork from for these panels? Are they scanned from the original covers/posters etc that people have in their collections? It's great having them in the final products - a really great little extra. Thanks for the effort...

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 26th May 2010, 12:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Hold on a second, this 5 second cut is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if anyone's seen Sharkwater yet but there's a graphic scene of a shark being mutilated by some guys on a boat. They cut it's head half off and chuck it back in the water while it's still alive trying to swim. As it's trying to swim off it tears it's own head off more and more before drowning. It's horrific to watch. This film got a 15 certificate! So if a 15 year old can watch this without any "traumatic outcome", how comes an 18 year old can't watch 5 seconds of a mouse being eaten by a cat? What a ****ing joke, I mean honestly. What do the BBFC take us for?

Preordered it anyway along with all the other Arrow Blu-ray preorders as I haven't seen Inferno yet. Really looking forward to another awesome Arrow blu package. Keep up the incredible work and effort you've all put into these releases. Love 'em so much!
That sounds absolutely horrid! When you put it in that sense then it clearly shows how silly the cut is. But i guess do we have the right to compare a mouse to a shark? I don't know?
Old 26th May 2010, 12:25 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggenhagen View Post
Where do you get the artwork from for these panels? Are they scanned from the original covers/posters etc that people have in their collections? It's great having them in the final products - a really great little extra. Thanks for the effort...
They're usually scans but they come from all sorts of sources from fans to licensors.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:26 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I don't know if anyone's seen Sharkwater yet but there's a graphic scene of a shark being mutilated by some guys on a boat. This film got a 15 certificate!
Actually it was PG rated. The BBFC comment as follows.....

Quote:
SHARKWATER is a documentary about the illegal and unregulated fishing of sharks around the World. It was classified 'PG' for footage of animal butchery.

The film contains real footage of live sharks being caught and having their fins cut off. In some instances their mutilated, still live bodies are thrown back into the water. The footage forms an integral part of the documentary's structure and forms part of a serious narrative with educational merit. At 'PG' the BBFC's Guidelines state that 'Moderate violence, without detail, may be allowed if justified by its setting"
It was passed due to it being a documentary with footage not staged for the purpose of making a film.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:26 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post

I'm ever the cynic but I wrote them an e-mail last night.

If you don't try, then you don't know.
Where are you e-mailing to? Calum got a bounceback
Old 26th May 2010, 12:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

This one goes through:

contact_the_bbfc@bbfc.co.uk
Old 26th May 2010, 12:30 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Yes that's the best one to use.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Actually it was PG rated. The BBFC comment as follows.....
Oh yeah, even more so a point then. Regardless of it's principal use, the image is still being shown and watched and taken in by the viewer. How is the Inferno scene meant to affect us in any way, more so than shark mutilation etc?
Oh well, it's done now but I'm all for people having a word with the BBFC, I'm sure they appreciate the feedback

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 26th May 2010, 12:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The BBFC cut Inferno because the scene is a clear infringement of the animals act not because they thought the scene was unsuitable for adults.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
The BBFC cut Inferno because the scene is a clear infringement of the animals act not because they thought the scene was unsuitable for adults.
Maybe it's time that animals act was changed then.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!