Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2010, 07:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just some questions if I may...

With all the listed extras, the dvd edition will be 2 disks?

Will the print be a port of the italian or the american one?
Or will be a new transfer? If it´s a new transfers, it´s more similar to wich version?
Old 26th May 2010, 08:11 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm assuming that the Dario Argento: An Eye For Horror documentary is the same one that featured on the original UK DVD release of Sleepless back around 2000, the Anchor Bay UK version of Two Evil Eyes and numerous Argento (and releases of Lamberto Bava's Demons 1 & 2) DVDs that have came from Australia over recent years.

If so, it's a shame that an opportunity was missed for something specific to be either found or produced for Inferno. Bearing in mind the release has been labelled as the Amazing 30th Anniversary Edition, it would have been a great boost for the release.
Old 26th May 2010, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As Almar has stated,it's a free country and if anyone chooses to boycott this,then fair enough,that's their choice.
But remember this debate when there are only dvd companies like Blackhorse and VCI releasing genre films in the UK.

Arrow put's the extra mile into these releases.
They listen to their punters.
They source the best packaging available.
FOR THESE POINTS ALONE,THEY DESERVE EVERYONE'S SUPPORT.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th May 2010, 08:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by User1138 View Post
I'm assuming that the Dario Argento: An Eye For Horror documentary is the same one that featured on the original UK DVD release of Sleepless back around 2000, the Anchor Bay UK version of Two Evil Eyes and numerous Argento (and releases of Lamberto Bava's Demons 1 & 2) DVDs that have came from Australia over recent years.

If so, it's a shame that an opportunity was missed for something specific to be either found or produced for Inferno. Bearing in mind the release has been labelled as the Amazing 30th Anniversary Edition, it would have been a great boost for the release.
Well, not everyone has it (myself included for some reason) and it's nice to see it back on the shelves (an entire generation has passed since it was last available: half the crowd that come to our events in Glasgow would have been about 10 back in 2000!). And if you do already have it, we still produced nearly an hour of fresh new goodies for this one - including a new sit down chat with Dario himself. Something you sadly don't see many other companies doing for cult films in the year 2010.

Our extras will be in HD, in answer to the earlier question.
Old 26th May 2010, 08:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
(an entire generation has passed since it was last available: half the crowd that come to our events in Glasgow would have been about 10 back in 2000!).

I was 13

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 26th May 2010, 08:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I was 16... boo!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 26th May 2010, 08:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As disappointing as the cut is, I will still be purchasing this on blu. The volume of extras is incredible. Is there any chance we may be able to get an early screen capture from the blu release when the time comes? I would love to see what the restored version looks like in 1080p.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Good point! With this thread actually now turning into an Inferno let's all have a break for a moment, pop the kettle on and survey the final fourth artwork panel for Inferno. Now this is the Greek CBS Fox video artwork:

Never seen that one before....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Well, if I have learned anything today it is the very surprising fact that people seem to value extras and general disk filler over the director's vision of a film.
I usually buy a film in terms of extras but I understand those who don't care for them so much. The film is most likely going to be the most re0visited part of a disc so the quality of that film should be the best it can be.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
Never seen that one before....
Me neither Reaps. It looks awesome though, especially the font.

Like this? Share it using the links below!