Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #781  
Old 27th May 2010, 04:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader
 
Join Date: May 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Just a little update from Arrow - they're pleased to say that the BBFC are going to take another look at their decision on Inferno.

We can't assume anything will change but very well done and many thanks to everyone on here for their reasoned and well-written letters and good on the BBFC for having another look.

At least we can't say that we didn't all try eh?
Let's hope they come to their senses on what was a cut most of us agree was not only unneeded but could hurt a niche label's sales. I think it is also worth pointing out to the BBFC how many people here maintain that animal cruelty in any form is wrong, that if this was Cannibal Holocaust it would be a different story and that animals need our protection.

But when it is a cat eating a mouse, the sort of thing us cat owners see all too often, a cut of any sort is totally indefensible - especially when a man eating an octopus can be passed in Old Boy and a python digesting a lizard made it through Last Cannibal World!
  #782  
Old 27th May 2010, 04:10 PM
Angel's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default

Nice of the BBFC. It would be an unprecedented decision though if the cut was waived.
  #783  
Old 27th May 2010, 04:23 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Just a little update from Arrow - they're pleased to say that the BBFC are going to take another look at their decision on Inferno.

We can't assume anything will change but very well done and many thanks to everyone on here for their reasoned and well-written letters and good on the BBFC for having another look.

At least we can't say that we didn't all try eh?
Well, this is a turn up for the books. I didn't expect this. Hopefully they will see sense and change their minds but I wouldn't put any money on it.

The BBFC properly wouldn't do this of their own accord, so it must have something to do with all of the e-mails that have been flying their way, probably with that from Arrow carrying the most weight. Fingers crossed!
__________________
  #784  
Old 27th May 2010, 04:44 PM
Daemonia's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Let's hope they come to their senses on what was a cut most of us agree was not only unneeded but could hurt a niche label's sales. I think it is also worth pointing out to the BBFC how many people here maintain that animal cruelty in any form is wrong, that if this was Cannibal Holocaust it would be a different story and that animals need our protection.

But when it is a cat eating a mouse, the sort of thing us cat owners see all too often, a cut of any sort is totally indefensible - especially when a man eating an octopus can be passed in Old Boy and a python digesting a lizard made it through Last Cannibal World!
Absolutely agree - this isn't a case of man's inhumanity to animals, it's simply a brief scene of an animal doing what it would anyway. I think it's a whole different thing entirely.

Anyway, good on the BBFC for agreeing to look again. Who said that writing to the BBFC would have no effect whatsoever? The fact that they're considering the cut again is quite a big deal, I think - even if they reach the same conclusion second time around. At least we've been heard and not been apathetic about it. Well done evrybody - and well done Arrow! We might not get what we want, but I think Arrow certainly got their attention.
__________________
Sent from my Hoover using the power of Uri Gellar
  #785  
Old 27th May 2010, 04:51 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Who said that writing to the BBFC would have no effect whatsoever? The fact that they're considering the cut again is quite a big deal, I think.
Not at all. If a distributor appeals over a cut then the BBFC always review it. Nothing new there in the slightest. Some cuts have been appealed several times over.

As Angel says, the cut being rescinded would be much more unprecedented.
  #786  
Old 27th May 2010, 04:58 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Just a little update from Arrow - they're pleased to say that the BBFC are going to take another look at their decision on Inferno.

We can't assume anything will change but very well done and many thanks to everyone on here for their reasoned and well-written letters and good on the BBFC for having another look.

At least we can't say that we didn't all try eh?
This is amazing news.Although we all like to moan about the BBFC and call them all the names under the sun,it's fantastic to hear that all of the passionate fans can help them think that maybe they could have another look.Well done folks,and well done to the BBFC (never thought I'd see myself typing that but it's deserved I think).Fingers crossed! and as you say Almar,we tried.
  #787  
Old 27th May 2010, 05:05 PM
Nika's Avatar
Cultist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Hague
Default

Oh great news, now lets keep our fingers crossed that they will pass the cat
  #788  
Old 27th May 2010, 05:36 PM
Daemonia's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Not at all. If a distributor appeals over a cut then the BBFC always review it. Nothing new there in the slightest. Some cuts have been appealed several times over.

As Angel says, the cut being rescinded would be much more unprecedented.
Ever the cynic eh, Vince?

At least let us enjoy the illusion a little while longer. No need to be so negative....not yet, anyway.
__________________
Sent from my Hoover using the power of Uri Gellar
  #789  
Old 27th May 2010, 05:46 PM
P-Mac's Avatar
Active Cultist
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Port Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Default

Thank God for that! I hope it's a success.

The British censors need to be seriously dragged into the 21st Century. I've always thought that their idea that horror films would "corrupt" people is absurd to be honest.
  #790  
Old 27th May 2010, 05:46 PM
Mojo's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

Fair play to the BBFC for this. I thought any sort of actual appeal had to go through some kind of long drawn out process. It may not result in what we want, but the fact that they are going to look at it again because of well-written and informed correspondance speaks well of them ( and us! ) Fingers crossed.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2404-arrow-video-inferno-archive.html
Posted By For Type Date
Bird with Crystal Plumage (Dario Argento) - Blu-ray Forum This thread Refback 24th September 2010 07:39 AM
Inferno (Dario Argento) sub ENG - Blu-ray Forum Post #0 Refback 26th July 2010 12:10 PM
Forthcoming Dario Argento Blu-rays from Arrow Films (UK) - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums This thread Refback 22nd July 2010 03:48 PM
Forthcoming Dario Argento Blu-rays from Arrow Films (UK) - High-Def Digest Forums This thread Refback 22nd July 2010 03:47 PM
UK: Deep Red + Inferno Blu-Ray - Page 2 - Cult Movie Forums | DVD + Blu-ray News + Discussion This thread Refback 21st July 2010 11:13 PM


Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.