Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2010, 06:07 PM
Cult Rookie

If only every distributor cared for 5 seconds of footage as much as Arrow does *cough* VIPCO *cough*!

I hope the BBFC relent on the cut but I think their hands are tied. Until the law is changed then they will have to keep making stupid decisions like this, whether they want to or not.

Of course, in this case I'd welcome to be proved wrong!
Old 27th May 2010, 06:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Remind us of your technical questions?
With all the listed extras, the dvd edition will be 2 disks?

Will the print be a port of the italian or the american one?
Or will be a new transfer? If it´s a new transfers, it´s more similar to wich version?

Quote:
Yes it is your money and 30 euros for another edition of the film merely for five seconds of cat-eating-mouse is, well, crazy.
Who said anything about the cut/uncut status?
I´m only interested in the extras because I already have the uncut version of the movie.

When it come to Dario Argento, if the extras are any good they are preiceless to me, that´s why I also gonna buy the Arrow disk.

Quote:
I think what Reaps may, understandably, be referring to is the way Camera Obscura have been "spamming" virtually every thread on the net about Arrow's Inferno over the past 24 hours with the same message (and I still reckon Arrow have the better package).
Please don´t get me wrong because I´m in no way affiliated with Camera Obscura and I don´t intend to start any kind of war. To this day I have nothing to say against Arrow, on the contrary... You guys listen to the fans and that´s very uncommon... Forgive me if I offended anyone.
Old 27th May 2010, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I suppose it just shows how important these forums are that, when a decision is made, whoever by, about a release their new is almost instant feedback and discussion and, in this case, well-written e-mails sent to the body responsible. It would be a victory for democracy (if that doesn't sound a bit too excessive) if the BBFC did look at the scene, realise that it is only a cat doing what it does naturally, and released it uncut. Here's hoping!

At least we know what to do if we are not entirely happy with the BBFC's decision when it comes to Deep Red and any cuts.
Old 27th May 2010, 06:43 PM
Cultist

Fingers crossed, lets hope they decide to pass this scene as there are a lot worse out there, it's great that Arrow are taking the steps to try get out the fullest version of this classic Argento film, whatever the outcome i will still be purchasing this for two reasons, Arrow will make a terrific job of this release and i will continue to support them as Arrow are a company that knows how to treat the fans and deliver the goods
Old 27th May 2010, 07:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hopefully they'll make the right decision

If they don't i'll just get my camcorder, wait for one of my cats to find a mouse, film it and edit it into the film.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 27th May 2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 27th May 2010, 07:34 PM
Active Cultist

re DARIO ARGENTO - AN EYE FOR HORROR documentary

I thought I should let you all know that I have recently completed a new restoration of this excellent documentary, using far superior quality film clips throughout, all in their correct aspect ratios.
Old 27th May 2010, 07:37 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Good to see you on here Marc! I know this will look awesome.

Now fancy popping onto the Lizard thread to let people know how lovely that's going to look thanks to your hard work?
Old 27th May 2010, 08:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good news indeed!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th May 2010, 08:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
With all the listed extras, the dvd edition will be 2 disks?

Will the print be a port of the italian or the american one?
Or will be a new transfer? If it´s a new transfers, it´s more similar to wich version?
No worries mate!

In answer - not sure if the DVD is going to be two discs.

I have no idea if it will be a port of the Italian or the American one (see? I'm crap)

But, yes, I think it is a new HD transfer. Almar?

And no offence taken!
Old 27th May 2010, 08:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

As an aside, any budding editor who has not yet visited this thread please do so:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2915
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!