LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2010, 08:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
The best way to evaluate a perfect edition is to evaluate all the releases.
That´s no excuse to erase posts we spent our time writing about.
The Anchor Bay/Blue Underground has been compared countless times and I don´t see you saying nothing regarding that.

OK, let´s concentrate on the Arrow disk.
Some pages back I asked some simple questions regarding some technical specs but none of them were answered.

At the end of the day, it´s our money...

Don´t get mad, it´s just an opinion.
The Blue Underground COTLD Doesn't have the unfair advantage of being uncut over the Arrow disc.
The Inferno comparison has.
On a website that Arrow is one of the major contributors,don't you think that's just a tad too cheeky?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th May 2010, 09:53 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Ever the cynic eh, Vince?

At least let us enjoy the illusion a little while longer. No need to be so negative....not yet, anyway.
Neither a cynic nor being negative. Simply pragmatic and familiar with the way the BBFC operate.

If Arrow had strong evidence to prove that the BBFC was incorrect in making the cut - for example evidence that it was faked, not cruel, or not staged for the film (such as it being stock footage from a documentary or similar) - then I would even have strongly urged them to appeal over it. As it is I can't see any reason for the BBFC to waive it.

Ditto for Profondo Rosso.
Old 27th May 2010, 09:59 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
As it is I can't see any reason for the BBFC to waive it.
Common sense? Or is that asking a bit too much?!
Old 27th May 2010, 10:03 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Morris View Post
re DARIO ARGENTO - AN EYE FOR HORROR documentary

I thought I should let you all know that I have recently completed a new restoration of this excellent documentary, using far superior quality film clips throughout, all in their correct aspect ratios.
That's brilliant news, I always thought the clips looked horrendous & with the coloured box effect too, this (hopefully) will be a great release & (hopefully) a big seller for Arrow...even better if "Mousegate" gets sorted with the folks at the BBFC
Old 27th May 2010, 10:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

"Mousegate" -- I like it!
Old 27th May 2010, 10:13 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Common sense? Or is that asking a bit too much?!
To the BBFC the Animals Act is more important.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
To the BBFC the Animals Act is more important.
That's the point though, the Animals Act doesn't apply to home video. Hmm, if only someone would tell them that...
Old 27th May 2010, 10:24 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
That's the point though, the Animals Act doesn't apply to home video. Hmm, if only someone would tell them that...
They are fully aware of it and conferred with the Home Office about it years ago. Their full response can be read on WWDVD.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Just a little update from Arrow - they're pleased to say that the BBFC are going to take another look at their decision on Inferno.

We can't assume anything will change but very well done and many thanks to everyone on here for their reasoned and well-written letters and good on the BBFC for having another look.

At least we can't say that we didn't all try eh?
That's fantastic news. Lets hope they change their minds on the cut.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:50 PM
Cultist

It would be a shame if a good release was hampered by being cut for...well nothing.

A few nights ago our cat killed a moth and ate it in front of me. I carefully binned the (indigestible) wings afterward. I didn't feel the need to censor it for doing what comes naturally.

Bertrand Russell, Has Religion Made Useful Contributions To Civilisation?

http://www.myspace.com/elizabethveldontunes
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!