Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:05 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
We're all collectors,and as such we do like to get the best possible versions of the films we want to own.
Well said and you've hit the nail right on the head with this statement.

If Deep Red and Inferno do indeed still suffer snips then i'll buy the DVDs for the new extras as i already own uncut overseas editions of these two Argento favourites. I'll have to think long and hard about buying Arrow's BR versions as the thought of having censored HD releases in my collection just doesn't sit well with me. Especially as the above films will most certainly surface intact on either Euro or U.S. BR availability sooner or later.

I still keep a brand new copy of ABUK's trimmed transfer of The Last House On The Left purely for the bonus material missing from the later complete DVD.
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:02 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It's especially infuriating knowing that the BBFC have no legal obligation to cut these scenes from these films. Like Reaps says, they're playing God with people's business prospects. What other industry has their product crippled before going to market? The BBFC should get with the program - why is it in their email to me they said they have to consider the values of other countries/cultures when it comes to attiudes towards sexuality but they can't do this with films like this? These were shot in different territories (ie: not the UK) at a time of differing values and attitudes. For ****'s sake, it's a cat eating a ****ing mouse, it's what they do in the wild! That's one reason why people buy cats! It might not be pleasant to see, but nature can be very cruel.

The BBFC have come a long way, there's no denying that. But as I say time and time again, it's only now that we're catching up with the rest of the world, it's only taken us some 40 years to catch up. I can't believe how backwards this country can be sometimes. At least it's not as bad Germany, anyway.
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:31 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It's especially infuriating knowing that the BBFC have no legal obligation to cut these scenes from these films.
If it was challenged in a court then the BBFC would simply extend their legal guidelines in line with their existing policy.
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:35 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
We are hard at work on new extras for Deep Red and Tenebrae now and Play has not listed everything - expect more!

(And a delayed thanks to everyone for all the kind reviews for City - we've been over in Cannes hawking our stuff for the past week!)
Yup - essentially sites like Play etc want lisings info way in advance so the sales company will supply potential plans etc - these releases are being worked on so the final word will cone here - when Calum is back I think we could do with a session of revealing what's confirmed and in the can.

There will be more classic Argentos on the way but please don't believe all listings - none have been confirmed for Blu-ray release etc. Some things will be DVD only for good reason.
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:41 PM
Cultist

Fingers crossed that we finally get uncut releases of these two classic Argento films, cut or uncut i will still purchase both of these on blu ray as i will support Arrow on the continuous grand effort they are making to supply great films onto the U.K dvd and blu ray formats, please release both demons 1 & 2 on blu also, i will purchase the dvd versions as i don't have these at the moment but would snap up a decent blu release without a doubt, does this mean that Phenomena, Tenebrae & Cat o nine tails are set for some blu ray treatment too, if so can't wait
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Yup - essentially sites like Play etc want lisings info way in advance so the sales company will supply potential plans etc - these releases are being worked on so the final word will cone here - when Calum is back I think we could do with a session of revealing what's confirmed and in the can.

There will be more classic Argentos on the way but please don't believe all listings - none have been confirmed for Blu-ray release etc. Some things will be DVD only for good reason.
Thanks Almar!

Here's the full INFERNO listing:

THIS AMAZING 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION CONTAINS:

- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned art work

- Double-sided fold out Poster

- Collector’s Booklet featuring brand new writing on Inferno by Alan Jones, author of Profondo Argento

- High Definition Presentation of the film (1080p)

- Optional 7.1 DTS-HD/2.0 Stereo Audio

SPECIAL FEATURES:

- Introduction to Inferno by star Daria Nicolodi

- Dario's Inferno (16 mins interview with Dario Argento)

- Acting in Hot Water: An Interview with Daria Nicolodi (18 mins interview)

- The Other Mother: Making the Black Cat (16 mins) In 1989 director Luigi Cozzi (a long time friend and collaborator of Dario Argento) decided to make the unofficial follow-up to Inferno and 'complete' the Three Mothers legacy. This feature looks at the torrid history of The Black Cat, with plenty of clips too!

- Dario Argento: An Eye for Horror (57 mins) Mark Kermode narrates this documentary on Argento’s career including interviews with George A. Romero and John Carpenter

- The Complete Dario Argento Trailer Gallery [18 films]

- Easter Egg (5 mins of Dario Argento in English, with random memories of Inferno)

For TENEBRAE expect three new interviews (ala INFERNO) and for DEEP RED expect a rather mega five new featurettes! We're trying to do some good new stuff for all these Argento classics and hope you guys enjoy them!

There were, obviously, the occasional hitch (i.e. Lamberto Bava being unavailable, due to a shoot in Malta, for DEMONS) but we've tried to still bring you some gnarly new stuff all the same.

And the release dates Play have listed are still up in the air I think....
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post

Here's the full INFERNO listing:

THIS AMAZING 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION CONTAINS:

- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned art work

- Double-sided fold out Poster

- Collector’s Booklet featuring brand new writing on Inferno by Alan Jones, author of Profondo Argento

- High Definition Presentation of the film (1080p)

- Optional 7.1 DTS-HD/2.0 Stereo Audio

SPECIAL FEATURES:

- Introduction to Inferno by star Daria Nicolodi

- Dario's Inferno (16 mins interview with Dario Argento)

- Acting in Hot Water: An Interview with Daria Nicolodi (18 mins interview)

- The Other Mother: Making the Black Cat (16 mins) In 1989 director Luigi Cozzi (a long time friend and collaborator of Dario Argento) decided to make the unofficial follow-up to Inferno and 'complete' the Three Mothers legacy. This feature looks at the torrid history of The Black Cat, with plenty of clips too!

- Dario Argento: An Eye for Horror (57 mins) Mark Kermode narrates this documentary on Argento’s career including interviews with George A. Romero and John Carpenter

- The Complete Dario Argento Trailer Gallery [18 films]

- Easter Egg (5 mins of Dario Argento in English, with random memories of Inferno)
Oooft! That's all that comes to mind.Another stonker of a release me thinks.
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:04 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Any luck finding a decent source for the reverse art yet Almar?
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:04 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Some splendid extras on Inferno. Well worth waiting for.
Old 23rd May 2010, 04:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
If it was challenged in a court then the BBFC would simply extend their legal guidelines in line with their existing policy.
Absolutely right, Vince. The BBFC will never relent on their animals act policy in regards to video classification. It may not be law but it's as good as.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!