Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
I did say it was passed uncut on DVD

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...7?OpenDocument

With a 15 no less!
In which case evidence must have been put before them indicating that the scene was faked in some way as there is no way that the BBFC would allow that to be released on DVD.
Old 28th May 2010, 01:08 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
In which case evidence must have been put before them indicating that the scene was faked in some way as there is no way that the BBFC would allow that to be released on DVD.
It probably was. Could be worth asking them to find out. There were potential problems over Gormenghast (Christopher Lee throws a cat at Jonathan Rhys Meyers) though the BBFC received evidence that the scene was faked via a dummy cat.
Old 28th May 2010, 01:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I remember reading somewhere about a firm that makes fake cats for cancer patients and other people with terminal diseases who can't look after a real animal but get a great deal of pleasure from stroking the 'pet'.

Some people have bought them and then used them to play tricks on visitors by putting it on top of the phone before the person wants to make a call or casually booting a 'sleeping feline' across the living room!
Old 28th May 2010, 02:00 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Here's another mouse cut that was once made to Caligula......

Quote:
Reel 6 - Sight of Caligula torturing mouse was deleted.
The mouse is rigged up to a miniature chariot and McDowell is scratching the top of its head. Waived for the DVD and an extremely silly cut to begin with.
Old 28th May 2010, 02:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The mouse is rigged up to a miniature chariot and McDowell is scratching the top of its head. Waived for the DVD and an extremely silly cut to begin with.
That doesn't sound like torture to me. As you say, it was "an extremely silly cut to begin with". There is clearly someone at the BBFC with a thing about mice!
Old 28th May 2010, 04:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

That fish punch didn't look like a big deal to me, it could have been replaced by a dead fish just prior to the punching, dificult to tell as the camera keeps cutting away at the moment of impact or the BBFC felt the huge impact of the first punch was decisive enough. If I had watched that scene on telly I would have passed it. Fish cruelty cuts are extremely rare. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with Inferno, I think we're just passing the time until the BBFC get back to Arrow.
Old 28th May 2010, 04:38 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
That fish punch didn't look like a big deal to me, it could have been replaced by a dead fish just prior to the punching
Looks a bit fishy to me too.
Old 28th May 2010, 04:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I am thinking "Fish Punch" would be a good band name.
Old 28th May 2010, 04:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

How can the UK be more lax about things that are broadcast on television -- a medium that is infinitely more accessible by children? Isn't that a sign that the gov't needs to address that inconsistentcy?

Of course, if someone actually said anything, they'd like start cutting TV broadcasts rather than leaving theatrical films alone...stupid politicans.

Re: Fish Punch... Here's a video by King Khan & BBQ Show called 'Fish Fight'.

Old 28th May 2010, 05:00 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
How can the UK be more lax about things that are broadcast on television -- a medium that is infinitely more accessible by children?
The internet is even more accessible again.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!