Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2010, 10:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Don't know about Christ,but he needed a lightning bolt from somewhere!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:02 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Just as Profondo Rosso will too.

Surprisingly this never had a UK cinema release.
I am blushing with embarrassment to think this.

Bertrand Russell, Has Religion Made Useful Contributions To Civilisation?

http://www.myspace.com/elizabethveldontunes
Old 29th May 2010, 08:58 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
I'm sure he'll tell the Scissor Sisters that the camera was rolling and the mouse was coincidence....
That's certainly the claim that I have read.
Old 29th May 2010, 08:31 PM
Ex-member

I love Inferno but the censor cut means I will wait a bit to see if Blue Underground or Anchor Bay do an uncut US disc.
If they still don't have one out by the time this gets to £7.99 I'll go for it then.

Same goes for Deep Red.
Old 30th May 2010, 12:10 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

I just thought of something, don't they shoot Deer in The Deer Hunter just for the film?
Old 30th May 2010, 01:27 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
I just thought of something, don't they shoot Deer in The Deer Hunter just for the film?
I'm pretty sure it was faked. I think I read that they filmed a sedative taking effect or something like that.
Old 30th May 2010, 10:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
I love Inferno but the censor cut means I will wait a bit to see if Blue Underground or Anchor Bay do an uncut US disc.

Same goes for Deep Red.
I second that.

However, my decision has been swayed by the generous selection of exclusive extras evident on Arrow's Inferno release.
So i've pre-ordered both the DVD and BR versions strictly for the bonus material and any collectable value only. I already own Argento's colourful creepy classic uncut courtesy of ABUS and i'll hold out for a complete overseas BR edition for now. I'm bitterly disappointed about Inferno still suffering snips but this is where the magic of multi region playability comes in. We can still circumvent the BBFC via technological loopholes!

I've also pre-ordered all of Arrow's other forthcoming Argento artifacts too so bring 'em on!
Old 30th May 2010, 11:17 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched Caligula last night (for the 1st time I might add) and as has been mentioned here before,noticed the mouse strapped to the chariot scene.Although it's only about 2 secs long,I don't understand how that is not considered animal cruelty,since the mouse is seen to clearly struggle,and the cat eating a mouse in Inferno has to go? Seems to be another case of inconsistency on the part of our moral gaurdians.Seeing that scene and knowing that the BBFC probably won't change their minds about Inferno,just makes me shake my head in disbelief
Old 30th May 2010, 02:15 PM
Ex-member

Has Inferno been cut or not since it's been submitted by arrow?
Old 30th May 2010, 02:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
If they still don't have one out by the time this gets to £7.99 I'll go for it then.

Same goes for Deep Red.
And for a five second (totally irrelevant and ineffective) cut that's a great way to punish a niche label, which has invested heavily in the enormous costs of an HD master for a Blu Ray of this title. It also pretty much puts at risk future releases.

I really hope that five seconds of a cat eating a mouse is worth it.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!