Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2010, 11:14 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Arrow is not releasing these titles (and Island of Death is being discussed on Cult Labs certainly so I cannot comment - but, honestly, you think that would be cut? Today?) but, theoretically, either way, if Cannibal Holocaust could get through the BBFC with the animal stuff removed but everything else present I, for one, would prefer to buy this version (given that there were more extra features).
Island of death was cut to pieces last time it was put through.
Uncut today ? Who knows?
Who cares when we already have an uncut dvd anyway.

As for Cannibal Holocaust , get the US one which gives the buyer the option of watching without animal cruelty rather than being told not to by the BBFC.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:16 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Why are you posting in the Arrow section of this forum?
Because I'm posting regarding Arrows proposed Bluray release of Inferno.
Sorry if its confusing.

Maybe there should be a sticky at the top of the forum stating only Arrow favourable comments.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
What are you whinging about ?

I bought the Arrow release anyway.
Well I hope you liked it, but any complaints or things we could do better PM me! I can't speak for Arrow but we always hope to do extras that are better and better!
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
As for Cannibal Holocaust , get the US one which gives the buyer the option of watching without animal cruelty rather than being told not to by the BBFC.
I agree. If Arrow were to release it and it were cut I'd most likely not buy it. I prefer watching the fully uncut version.
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Island of death was cut to pieces last time it was put through.
Uncut today ? Who knows?
Who cares when we already have an uncut dvd anyway.

I have the US edition. But if a UK edition came out with better extra features, and no vivisection, I'd plump for that too.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:20 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
a ridiculously short sighted view my friend, is the 5 second cut really that much of an issue for you? would you sacrifice this new special edition just to get a fix of cat on mouse violence? how does the lack of that scene impact inferno?
In the grand scheme of things it won't and as I've already said several times I will likely buy the Arrow release at some point.

However - having owned the uncut version for more than a decade I will be more interested in an uncut version which is the same reason I won't be buying the UK Bluray of The Abyss which will be edited for its rat scene.

Its not a question of seeing animal cruelty its a question of being denied the chance to see a film uncut that would be uncut anywhere else in the world
Old 30th May 2010, 11:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
I realise this is an Arrow based forum but I didn't realise it was supposed to be an Arrow lovefest
its not but its not a hatefest either and you havent done much else but that
Old 30th May 2010, 11:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
In the grand schme of things it won't and as I've already said several times I will likely buy the Arrow release at some point.

However - having owned the uncut version for more than a decade I will be more interested in an uncut version which is the same reason I won't be buying the UK Bluray of The Abyss which will be edited for its rat scene.

Its not a question of seeing animal cruelty its a question of being denied the chance to see a film uncut that would be uncut anywhere else in the world
But as with the rat scene in The Abyss in the long and short of things it does not make a good goddamn.

I understand the idea behind seeing every nanosecond of everything in a movie - just as I understand, on principal alone, the reason behind being upset at the BBFC saying you should not see 5 second of anything - so I can see where you are coming from. However, and maybe this is just me, but when it's such an inconsequential cut I tend to not honestly care (I have the UK cut of The Abyss for example).

Again, I do see where you are coming from and respect your opinion - I trust you wrote to the BBFC and expressed your anger at this (frankly dumb) removal from Inferno?
Old 30th May 2010, 11:25 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Well I hope you liked it, but any complaints or things we could do better PM me! I can't speak for Arrow but we always hope to do extras that are better and better!
I'm not complaining one bit.
The COTLD release was outstanding.

On paper I was torn between the Arrow release and the BU one but having seen the Arrow one its clear that a lot of work has been put into it.

I'm mainly having a go at dan who seems to think I should buy the upcoming censored version of Inferno to replace my uncensored one purely on the basis of supporting Arrow.

I realise its beyond the control of Arrow whether the film is cut but that does not change the fact I want an uncut version out of principle.

If Arrows package of extras for Inferno are anything like COTLD then I doubt I could resist getting it at some point anyway but I won't be cajoled by some nitwit on a forum (dan) who thinks Arrow need our charity

Last edited by phelings; 30th May 2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
But as with the rat scene in The Abyss in the long and short of things it does not make a good goddamn.

I understand the idea behind seeing every nanosecond of everything in a movie - just as I understand, on principal alone, the reason behind being upset at the BBFC saying you should not see 5 second of anything - so I can see where you are coming from. However, and maybe this is just me, but when it's such an inconsequential cut I tend to not honestly care (I have the UK cut of The Abyss for example).

Again, I do see where you are coming from and respect your opinion - I trust you wrote to the BBFC and expressed your anger at this (frankly dumb) removal from Inferno?
Yes it is dumb. Let's face it though, with the BBFC reputation for animal violence - especially at a time when they were trying to rush through the VRA without messing it up again - it was expected.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!