Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2010, 10:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Anchor Bay is going to release a BD version of Demons in the near future, according to news a few weeks ago.
If this news is indeed correct then count me in for a copy.

Of course, if Arrow also went the BR route with both Demons entries then i'd personally buy these releases too. You can't go wrong with 'Bloodthirsty fanged creatures' in HD!

What can i say? I tend to suffer from OCD.

Obsessive Collector Disorder, that is!
Old 30th May 2010, 10:34 AM
Cultist in Training

I'm also stricken with OCD.

If I had a choice between the Anchor Bay Blu-ray or (a potential) Arrow Blu-ray, i'd for sure choose Arrow. Even if both disc contents are the same, it's the packaging that'll win me over.

I'd even go so far as to say i'd happily accept one of those Blu-ray/DVD combo sets... hint hint
Old 30th May 2010, 03:14 PM
Cultist

Count me in too, i would prefer to see arrow release Demons on blu ray as i don't currently own the Demons films so am up for purchasing arrows bd / dvd releases anyway and am hanging on to see what emerges
Old 8th June 2010, 11:10 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
I've got the Blackhorse DVDs of demons1&2 but also havn't watched them yet. Have heard mixed things about L Bava, and wasnt much of a fan of Graveyard Disturbance, but have heard good things said about Demons. Like you, I think I'll dig them out and have a watch...
The Black horse version of Demons and Demons 2 are terrible the pictue and sound are bad and for some reason when i got to certain point in demons 2 it would just mess up so if you could give these the Arrow treatment and get rick to do some wicked new artwoirk for it and some decent extras it would be amazing
Old 28th June 2010, 02:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have noticed that both movies are showing up on both Play and HMV for release come August/September. The special features are also listed.

No news on BD tho.

Old 28th June 2010, 03:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
I have noticed that both movies are showing up on both Play and HMV for release come August/September. The special features are also listed.

No news on BD tho.

No Blu Ray for Demons.

And Anchor Bay are very unlikely to slip this out on Blu in my opinion. that would be quite an expense for such a niche title.
Old 28th June 2010, 04:11 PM
Cultist

Competition

Thats a shame, however it'll be good to finally get a decent release for these titles and i'll definately be purchasing the dvd's of these, can't wait to see what the cover(s) will be like, i'm sure they'll be amazing tho
Old 28th June 2010, 06:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Unless the Arrow DVD releases are more than spectacular, I think I will be holding off from buying another DVD of these until we see a BD.

It is a title that has had far too many releases for this to be a great success ... I am afraid that far too many speculative purchasers will already own a budget release .. possibly from Poundland and overlook what we all anticipate to be a great release from Arrow.

Just my two pence worth.

Old 28th June 2010, 08:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Unless the Arrow DVD releases are more than spectacular, I think I will be holding off from buying another DVD of these until we see a BD.

It is a title that has had far too many releases for this to be a great success ... I am afraid that far too many speculative purchasers will already own a budget release .. possibly from Poundland and overlook what we all anticipate to be a great release from Arrow.

Just my two pence worth.

Either way, I'd be shocked silly if Demons 1 or 2 would recoup costs via a BD release (which is a huge expense). DVD is by far the safest way to present them.
Old 28th June 2010, 09:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
And Anchor Bay are very unlikely to slip this out on Blu in my opinion. that would be quite an expense for such a niche title.
Don´t know where you read that...

This movies were one of Anchor Bay´s best sellers.

That was the main reason that they do anamorphic conversions of these titles.

Like this? Share it using the links below!