Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow to release DEMONS? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2719-arrow-release-demons.html)

Splatterdragon73 11th April 2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 73297)
I've got the 3-disc set that came out awhile back but would get this also.

I only keep this vintage set now for the exclusive Argento interview as i reckon the prints on both these particular Demons entries are slightly inferior to Platinum's earlier single DVD editions.

No matter, i have the ABUS anamorphic versions anyway and not only would i buy these two splat-tastic titles again if Arrow issued them but i'm also up for any worthy BR releases too. It's high time these two old school Lamberto Bava efforts were given proper care and attention in the U.K. imo.

I don't care if the Demons duo are short on logic, they're long on gore and that's good enough for me!:)

Philleh 11th April 2010 10:26 AM

They're definately big on entertainment!

Though saying that, I've not seen the second one in about 10 years, even though I have it on DVD! :doh:

LineSix 11th April 2010 10:34 AM

Wasn't their a Japanese box set with a replica mask from the film?

I've only seen the first one as I also own the Poundland disc, it was a decent film, good gore effects as has been said already but not much else to it really.

Splatterdragon73 11th April 2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LineSix (Post 73309)
Wasn't their a Japanese box set with a replica mask from the film?

I believe so also possibly with a replica Metropol cinema ticket!

I also own the old non-anamorphic ABUS issues together with the German single disc versions and triple DVD set. Only really keep these latter European releases for the extras as the similarly letterboxed prints are terrible!:(

Debzz 11th April 2010 11:32 AM

i LOVE demons!!!!!!! watched gazzilions of times!!!
i'de defintely buy it if arrow release it :D

nekromantik 11th April 2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 73297)
I've got the 3-disc set that came out awhile back but would get this also, would love to see what Rick would do with the cover art!!

I got the 3 disc set too.
Not sure if I will double dip as I not seen it yet :suspicious:
:lol:

pedromonkey 11th April 2010 11:50 AM

i would buy them if they made Demons 2 Pq better as demons 1 has good picture quality, Ricks art would kick so much ass though...

Calum 11th April 2010 11:54 AM

Cat out the bag there Almar!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th April 2010 11:58 AM

As long as the scissor sisters at soho know that the cat did indeed get out the bag in Argento's Inferno.....:biggrin:

Pete 11th April 2010 01:37 PM

I love the first one, but Demons 2 is a big turd.