All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2010, 02:48 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Good info there on Profondo Rosso Vince , I didn't realise it was unauthorized.
The standalone version featuring the longer Italian print was submitted and cut as required (a jerky cut to the shot of the impaled lizard). The lizard scene is intact in the shorter English dub (on the 2 version disc with the white sleeve) and was released without BBFC approval.
Old 22nd April 2010, 02:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

I don't own Deep Red on DVD, I used to have the BBFC censored Redemption VHS but got rid of it a few years back, what do you think would be the best of the current uncut DVD's to have in my collection?
Old 22nd April 2010, 04:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I don't own Deep Red on DVD, I used to have the BBFC censored Redemption VHS but got rid of it a few years back, what do you think would be the best of the current uncut DVD's to have in my collection?
The AWE release ( as Profondo Rosso ) is the best I've ever seen it
Old 22nd April 2010, 04:57 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
The AWE release ( as Profondo Rosso ) is the best I've ever seen it
Me too, Mojo.
Old 25th April 2010, 09:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I still own the ancient Platinum jewel case U.K. DVD of D2 and there is also a Lamberto Bava 15 minute short film entitled 'Heavy Metal' featured as an extra. This obscure slice of bonus material appears to be exclusive to this particular release and i'm not 100% sure but i can't recall seeing HM being included as an extra in the later keep case edition of D2.
Old 5th May 2010, 04:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
The sequel has it's moments and has better production values but for some reason it's not regarded as good as the original.

Yeah, it's probably due to that kid or that dog in Demons 2! Oh god, I forgot about that flying demon thing that is killed with the brolly! Oh good god!!! I also remember some terrible editing/dubbing when the girls parents are talking at the restaurant. Abominable! Other than those bits, I quite like it!
Old 5th May 2010, 04:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
I remember Demons being released like 10 years ago in a dodgy, thin transparant plastic box advertised as a directors cut. I never did buy that version though. Another L Bava film, Graveyard Disturbance was also released in one of those silly cases. Not sure who the releaser was.
I loved that hard plastic packaging for Demons and Demons 2, but there was a large batch of faulty disks released, that I doubt helped sales.
Old 5th May 2010, 06:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
I loved that hard plastic packaging for Demons and Demons 2, but there was a large batch of faulty disks released, that I doubt helped sales.
I still have that Demons 2 UK release in that packaging
Old 5th May 2010, 06:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I still have that Demons 2 UK release in that packaging
I reckon I took that many faulty ones back I gave up in the end! I now have the triple disc collection. But would love to see what Arrow could do with the films! My concern is that like others have said, how many copies could Arrow shift? There are too many £1.00 versions out there, and only us collectors would be really interested in a decent version. If it is true and Arrow are to release the films, then good on em - sticking up for the fans once again!!!

Old 6th May 2010, 05:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Yeah, it's probably due to that kid or that dog in Demons 2! Oh god, I forgot about that flying demon thing that is killed with the brolly! Oh good god!!! I also remember some terrible editing/dubbing when the girls parents are talking at the restaurant. Abominable! Other than those bits, I quite like it!
I always hated the little demon bat. The little kid was much scarier before that puppet popped out of him.

Like this? Share it using the links below!