Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2010, 07:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Does this mean Arrow wants to release DEMONS on blu-ray badly enough that they're willing to hold off on a dvd til they can do the HD route as well?
Old 22nd October 2010, 01:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Let´s just say someone promises to fix your car. They say it will be ready for about 2 days, 2 days later they tell you to wait yet another two days, then a week and so on. Wouldn´t that become a bit annoying after a while, not being able to trust anything they say?
A dvd's a little different from a car don't you think? A person may not be able to go about their normal life without their car. A dvd is a leisure item and something people can live without if need be.
Quote:
And what´s wrong with asking this? It´s better that we take this up with Arrow, or else we will be kept in the dark and NEVER know when it´s REALLY coming out.
It's more that it sounds like whinging than asking why films are being delayed. There's nothing wrong with asking, and I think it's great to get information from Arrow on why things are being delayed. It just seem like some people are acting like Arrow is sitting around not doing anything, which I'm sure isn't the case.
Quote:
Anybody remember Duke Nuke Em Forever and all those promised release dates for it the last 15 years?
Supposedly it's finally coming out next year. It's got a site up for pre-orders and everything. It took 15 years but it seems they finally got there. Plus didn't a lot of the problems stem from the company being bought out or something like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Arrow could release Demons but they've been happy with any of the materials to date and are holding out for something better. It makes sense cashflow wise for a company to release as soon as possible but they want to do it right and until you sign a film you rarely know what materials you'll get - insane but there you go.

The one downside to opening up this process on a forum is every release seems to take an age to put out but that's because you're seeing every step of the way which normally is kept from public view.

As I say - easier to release and get your money in so it takes an unusually committed company to hold back, delay - several times - to get it right.
It's good to know you are holding out for the best possible materials. Can't wait for this release. Hopefully it puts my US Anchor Bay disc to shame.
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:00 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
A dvd's a little different from a car don't you think?
Yeah...I know....it was a bad comparision
But I think you understand the point I was trying to make

Though....if I had to choose between an Arrow BD of Demons and a car...then to hell with the car hehe
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:03 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Supposedly it's finally coming out next year. It's got a site up for pre-orders and everything. It took 15 years but it seems they finally got there. Plus didn't a lot of the problems stem from the company being bought out or something like that?
Yeah it´s almost unbelievable it finally coming
The problem was that they made the game, wasn´t satisfied, made a new one from scratch, and yet again wasn´t satisfied, especially with the graphic engines being outdated when they finished each version.
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:23 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Yeah...I know....it was a bad comparision
But I think you understand the point I was trying to make

Though....if I had to choose between an Arrow BD of Demons and a car...then to hell with the car hehe
A bad comparison indeed
Quote:
Yeah it´s almost unbelievable it finally coming
The problem was that they made the game, wasn´t satisfied, made a new one from scratch, and yet again wasn´t satisfied, especially with the graphic engines being outdated when they finished each version.
That makes sense then. Well it's good to know it's finally on its way, though I guess we shouldn't hold our breaths till it's on shelves.
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:35 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Wait a LITTLE longer?
It was first supposed to be released this summer, then in october, then in november, and now maybe not until January.
Perfection often takes a while. I'm happy to wait. If Arrow get it right, then isn't it wait worth the wait - well, it is, isn't it?
Old 23rd October 2010, 03:34 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Perfection often takes a while. I'm happy to wait. If Arrow get it right, then isn't it wait worth the wait - well, it is, isn't it?
Damn straight it is.
Old 29th October 2010, 03:09 PM
Cultist

sounds exciting!!!! loooking forward to gettin this
all good things come to those who wait hehehe

Old 30th October 2010, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Gotta agree with you and there's other amazing Arrow releases on the way to keep us going in the meantime.
Old 30th October 2010, 05:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm happy enough with the Anchor Bay re-issues of Demons 1 & 2 for the time being.

Like this? Share it using the links below!