Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2010, 06:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I mean that either way one disc is most likely going to waste. Bluray owners like myself wont ever use the dvd and people buying for the dvd may have no need for the bluray disc.
Except ofcourse, when that certain someone will buy a bluray player in the future.
Old 20th September 2010, 07:59 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan73 View Post
Except ofcourse, when that certain someone will buy a bluray player in the future.
If they do. Some people just aren't interested in the medium.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:54 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I actually quite like the idea of Blu/DVD combos.

I'm fairly new to Blu (yeah, that rhymes ), and not every room I watch films in is currently set-up with a Blu-Ray player.

The living room and the spare room / media room are Blu friendly, but the bedroom is not.
Old 20th September 2010, 12:10 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustdevil View Post
but would the average dvd buyer nessesarily know they exist browsing in the shop as presumably they would be placed in the Bluray section not the dvd section so they would not see them
While it's tru that (here at least) the blu-ray/DVD combo in a blu-sized box is placed in the blu-ray section, there are at times DVD/blu-ray combo in the dvd sized box for the dvd section.

Quote:
If they do. Some people just aren't interested in the medium.
But when the prices on the larger HDTVs drop and they pick up a 46" tv they'll notice how bad the dvds look. Although they'll probably just blame the TV
Old 20th September 2010, 01:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
While it's tru that (here at least) the blu-ray/DVD combo in a blu-sized box is placed in the blu-ray section, there are at times DVD/blu-ray combo in the dvd sized box for the dvd section.

But when the prices on the larger HDTVs drop and they pick up a 46" tv they'll notice how bad the dvds look. Although they'll probably just blame the TV
We're hard at work on The Beyond's many extra features just now. Our hand in date is early October. Hopefully you'll all enjoy this - we've got hours of goodies planned and a new audio commentary!
Old 20th September 2010, 01:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
We're hard at work on The Beyond's many extra features just now. Our hand in date is early October. Hopefully you'll all enjoy this - we've got hours of goodies planned and a new audio commentary!
Fantastic news -- I can't wait for this release.
Old 20th September 2010, 05:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Nice, that sounds great indeed!
Old 20th September 2010, 07:01 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Good, but i hope October this year? According to Play and such, they date is 17th January 2011.
Old 20th September 2010, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
"New audio commentary" is music to my ears!
Not that the classic old one on the ABUS release was "bad" in any way- quite on the contrary, it's a personal fave- but "The Beyond" is one of those movies for which I never get tired of getting more anecdotes and infos
Old 20th September 2010, 07:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBo View Post
Good, but i hope October this year? According to Play and such, they date is 17th January 2011.
Nope, the January date is correct.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!