Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2010, 04:21 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
You're not going to notice the five seconds of the cat eating the mouse
Of course you are if you've seen it before uncut, those that din't know any different won't.
Old 1st June 2010, 04:23 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Safe to say though folks - out of any moment of the film that we could live without - this is it? Anyway the verdict isn't in so we're going round in circles here.
Old 1st June 2010, 04:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Agreed, this is getting old now!

Hopefully we'll hear back sooner rather than later.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 1st June 2010, 05:20 PM
Cultist

Now we begin the wait...hope the BBFC hurries up
Old 1st June 2010, 05:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Glad we got that out of the way

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st June 2010, 05:36 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

End of the day if it gets passed uncut I will buy it 100% but not if it's cut.

also I feel I do support Arrow enough without people making me feel "obliged" to buy it.
Old 1st June 2010, 07:30 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

No one should feel obliged to buy anything - if they do there's no joy in the purchase.

Chat about to buy or not to buy based on a potential cut has been done to death on here so let's put that to bed because it makes for seriously tedious reading and only spoils a chance to celebrate a great horror film sorely missed on UK shelves since the 90s.
Old 1st June 2010, 07:46 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I so hope I got money for this come August.
I just seen the mouse scene and its nothing, wont be missed like people have been saying.
I not seen the movie but from what people have been saying it has nothing to do with the story so should not be a deal breaker.
Nobody has said it would be missed or that it was crucial - the bottom line is that the film will be a censored version.

As irritating as any cuts are I think the lack of an Inferno release elsewhere coupled with the package being put together aswell as simply seeing the film in HD may well be hard to resist come the day of release.

Like we have often done before , we make do with the best on offer at the time and while the extras for this release may mean the disc remains forever in my collection I have no doubt that I will buy an uncut version of the film when or if it appears - 5 seconds or not
Old 2nd June 2010, 03:50 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

I got a reply from the BBFC just now:

Dear Aarron

Thank you for your email and interesting comments.

I should point out that no decision has been made about INFERNO. We have not classified this work, and it would not be appropriate to comment on a title under consideration.

As you know, the BBFC has a statutory obligation under the Cinematograph Films (Animals) Act 1937 to ensure that no scene "was organised or directed in such a way as to involve the cruel infliction of pain or terror on any animal or the cruel goading of any animal to fury" in regards to works intended for cinema release in the UK. The same consideration is also given to works released on video and DVD. This approach was endorsed by the Home Office at the time of the designation of the Video Recording Act 1984 and subsequently supported by legal opinion.

The BBFC takes its legal obligations very seriously. If our examiners have any doubts or concerns over the treatment of animals in the works they view, assurances of well-being are sought from the distributors and / or film-makers. Expert veterinary advice has also been taken on a number of occasions to determine whether cruelty towards animals has been involved during the making of a film. Cuts will be made to films or DVDs where there is clear evidence of on-screen cruelty, or the makers are unable to provide convincing assurances.

While a cat eating a mice is a natural, real-life occurrence, if such an incident has been "organised or directed" specifically for the purposes of being filmed - rather than captured on film while occurring naturally as in a wildlife documentary - and involves the cruel infliction of pain, we are legally required by the Act to remove the scene.

I hope this explains the situation for you.

Yours sincerely,

J L Green
Chief Assistant (Policy)
Old 2nd June 2010, 04:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Exact same response for me too!

Welcome to The Deuce
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!