Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Inferno - The BBFC Verdict (carry the chat about the BBFC on here only!) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2941-inferno-bbfc-verdict-carry-chat-about-bbfc-here-only.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd June 2010 09:56 PM

I suppose you realise the irony of posting a message of support asking that a thread be locked down?!

In case you're wondering, this post was meant to be ironic.

Zombie Dude 2nd June 2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 83589)
Exact same response for me too!

Same here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyofcrack (Post 83703)
That shows a clear distinction between dogs, cats, etc... as domestic animals and rats and mice as vermin which are okay to destroy with poison. Why would you have to protect vermin by cutting it out of a film (even though it's long since met its maker) even though you can kill them in your home according to these documents?

I though mice were considered as pests anyway? That's why this whole censorship of this scene seems stupid.

Inspector Tanzi 3rd June 2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 83726)
This is tiresome. Can someone lock this thread down until an announcement is made, then start it back up?

Thid thread was made because we kept discussing the cut on the regular Inferno thread.

I suggest you go onto that thread instead if you don't want to talk or read about censorship!

Daemonia 3rd June 2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 83726)
This is tiresome. Can someone lock this thread down until an announcement is made, then start it back up?

Hmmm....on a thread talking about the possible censorship of Inferno a couple of people want the thread closed. That's pretty ironic. That's censorship in itself. :doh:

As far as I can ascertain, the large majority of forum members, whilst upset this might be the subject of pointless censorship, are still going to buy this title. That's quite a testament to the support Arrow and Shameless have. I'm pretty confident that while there may be a slight dent in sales, this title is still going to do reasonable business. I can understand both sides of the argument - I also detest censorship. But we have it and we have to bite the bullet on that, I'm afraid.

I still can't get my head around the fact that it's perfectly lawful to poison a mouse and leave it to die in agony whilst a cat eating a mouse is viewed as animal cruelty. The former is far worse in my opinion.

springjack 3rd June 2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Thid thread was made because we kept discussing the cut on the regular Inferno thread.

I suggest you go onto that thread instead if you don't want to talk or read about censorship!
Every user in this forum has only one opinion... UNCUT.

If the opinion is the same to everybody then it´s not a debate, but a consensus.

The BBFC have already ruled thin once... CUT.
Then, some emails did the magic action of resubmit "Inferno" to a new evaluation.

Until another decision I believe it´s pointless for us to throw the same old story.
Sure, I want this uncut like evrybody else, but let´s wait for the decision of the BBFC...

bgart13 3rd June 2010 03:40 AM

It was just an idea, folks! :D

My point was going along with what Almar has been trying to get across: everything has been said already for the past week or two and now it's getting too contentious 'n' venomous. And I DO keep reading because when there's continued activity and I've been away for a day, there's hope that the BBFC has a new verdict that's been posted - and I have to cruise through a bunch of occasionally nasty responses tween folks to find out...nope, no response yet. I guess my idea was self-serving...?

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd June 2010 05:44 AM

Tbh,after much deleberation,I'm not too bothered now if the BBFC come back and say the cut will still be made.Sure,I would like an uncut release,we all would and it's a pointless cut but at the end of the day,I can live without the scene (I think!).And that shall be the extent of stevoj's involvment in the BBFC Infeno debate. ( Yes I realize I didn't really debate anything there :D )

Peter Neal 3rd June 2010 07:37 AM

Having watched the scene in question just yesterday on the old ABUS DVD release, I'd find it very surprising IF the filmmakers actually went through the "trouble" of deliberately staging the whole "cat/mouse" thing- as the bits really have an "insert" feel and could have been taken out of any documentary on cats and mice.:nod:

Phantom 3rd June 2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 83307)
Tenebrae might be, Deep Red is not and Phenomena a maybe!

:woot: 2 out of 3 ain't bad at all!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd June 2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 83757)

I though mice were considered as pests anyway? That's why this whole censorship of this scene seems stupid.

If you ask some people they are pests, if you ask others, they are pets -- depends on the mouse! Same goes for cats and dogs, depending on whether they are feral or tame.