LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2010, 02:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I couldn't honestly tell you yet!

fair enough
looks like a awesome release from the extras list Calum gave.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st June 2010, 02:46 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It'll be down to space so as soon as they've worked that out I'll let y'all know.
Old 1st June 2010, 02:47 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post

fair enough
looks like a awesome release from the extras list Calum gave.
It certainly does. Looking forward to this one.

Any idea when the news will be in regarding the BBFC's second look at the scene in question..? Hopefully they won't hold things up too much and don't cause the release date to be put back. Also, if the cut is retained, will this slow things down if the master has to be amended in accordance with the BBFC's demands?
Old 1st June 2010, 02:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It certainly does. Looking forward to this one.

Any idea when the news will be in regarding the BBFC's second look at the scene in question..? Hopefully they won't hold things up too much and don't cause the release date to be put back. Also, if the cut is retained, will this slow things down if the master has to be amended in accordance with the BBFC's demands?
yeah good question.
if they take their time then it might mean there will be a delay.
Doubt the cut would cause anymore delays as if current dat is 2nd august then thats with the cut i suspect.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st June 2010, 02:56 PM
Cultist

Ugh indeed I hope they don't hold it up. How long did it take them the first time?
Old 1st June 2010, 03:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika View Post
Ugh indeed I hope they don't hold it up. How long did it take them the first time?
Not sure, but we were waiting some weeks before a response arrived via Almar.
Old 1st June 2010, 03:43 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

And let's leave it at that please. This cut is turning into an online debate nightmare! It's something many of you feel strongly about on either side which is absolutely fine but I don't want it to cause any fallouts so tongues may have to be bitten please.

After all - has no one any respect for the poor mouse?
Old 1st June 2010, 03:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanyang Man View Post
Obviously, having been directly involved in the product it's in your best interest to promote the benefits of the product as it stands, and I can appreciate that. However, I haven't seen any member of these forums so far in either thread relating to the matter state categorically that anyone has to see the scene in question; all I've seen so far is people state their opinions and personal feelings, as well as disappointment over the fact that there has been a cut demanded, as well as put forward their personal preferences as consumers not to purchase a certain product for the reasons stated.

Having stated my own thoughts and feelings on the matter, and again not attempting to sway anyone one way or the other, I find it personally offensive as well as unprofessional that, as someone involved in the project (and thereby a representative of Arrow), you shold come out with the blanket statement that people like myself who are simply offering up alternate points of view are flagrant "liars" for expressing those points of view. So much for "friendly forums" -- offer a differnce of opinon, get told you're a "liar" and discredited for doing so. Wow...just like, wow...
First of all massive apologies if you felt this was directed towards anyone. It wasn't.

Second of all, no one has expressed they need to see the cut - they have just, rightly, explained some frustration with the BBFC. As I have stated - people should email the BBFC and tell them about their anger (which they have) and as I also explained earlier, I sympathise with those who want the most complete version of any film. I was merely maintaining for those who have not seen Inferno before that this cut will not be noticeable.

Thirdly, and I need to stress this too, I'm no more a representative of Arrow than Almar is. I'm employed on a freelance basis to do extra features on their DVDs and the opinion I gave was just mine. Equally, if I were to give an opinion on - say - SFX magazine (which I contribute to) it would be as a freelancer for them rather than as a direct employee.

Hope that is cleared up and, again, deeply sorry if my comment offended you.
Old 1st June 2010, 03:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
And let's leave it at that please. This cut is turning into an online debate nightmare! It's something many of you feel strongly about on either side which is absolutely fine but I don't want it to cause any fallouts so tongues may have to be bitten please.

After all - has no one any respect for the poor mouse?
He had a chomping good time while he was here!
Old 1st June 2010, 03:54 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

So we're all happy again? For a bit anyway?

It's like a scene out of a film where we all need to realise this cut is destroying us all!

We can't let it defeat us - I think until the BBFC come back with their final ruling there's not much more to be said.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!