Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Inferno - The Music Score - Mad or Genius? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2943-inferno-music-score-mad-genius.html)

Inspector Tanzi 1st June 2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 83179)
Mater Tenebrarum is a classic

Fantastic!

Nika 2nd June 2010 01:14 PM

I think the score works very well with the movie. It may not be as iconic as the Suspiria score but it's still a rather good one.

Splatterdragon73 4th June 2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nika (Post 83545)
I think the score works very well with the movie. It may not be as iconic as the Suspiria score but it's still a rather good one.

I second that.

Haven't heard Inferno's synth score for years but seem to recall enjoying it the last time around.

I would most definitely put Emerson's electronic effort in third place behind the celebrated soundtracks of both Suspiria and Deep Red.:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th June 2010 07:35 PM

Lovely score,up there with Suspiria and Deep Red.:cool:

springjack 5th June 2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

From my private collection, of stuff...(I'm sure a few people here have this one)
I´m sure every Argentophile has one, it´s been easily available in Europe.:cool:

Curious Goods 21st August 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 84104)
Haven't heard Inferno's synth score for years but seem to recall enjoying it the last time around.

I would most definitely put Emerson's electronic effort in third place behind the celebrated soundtracks of both Suspiria and Deep Red.:)

The Inferno score by Emerson features orchestral parts as well as synthesizer, it's a very diverse score and more traditional than Suspiria. In the case of Suspiria, the musical pieces were recorded by Goblin ahead and were fitted in (Morricone did this as well with a lot of his older scores). With Inferno, Emerson scored the movie scene by scene, resulting in a classical score with some of his trademark hammering.

It's comparable to John Harrison's Day of the Dead score which combined synth with guitar and was scored to fit the scenes, whereas the Goblin music for Dawn of the Dead was inserted alongside the library tracks Romero used.

I own all of the Argento scores and the Inferno one I find myself listening to the most. The mysterious quality of the opening piano theme, the energetic pieces (A Cat attic Attack's finale) and the Omen'esque Mater Tenenbrarum make for a great listen.

I'm curious to experience it in the new soundmix of the upcoming blu-ray. :rockon:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th September 2010 05:46 PM

You all in the mood? :woot:

YouTube - INFERNO Dario Argento THEME

YouTube - Inferno - Soundtrack - Part 1

YouTube - Inferno - Soundtrack - Part 2

YouTube - Inferno - Soundtrack - Part 3

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Wilson Bros 16th September 2010 11:53 AM

Emmerson's five-four reworking of one of Verdi's most famous pieces is a work of twisted genuis. ;)

Some of the other stuff in Inferno is a bit too strident or melodramatic.

Kev W

Bringer Of Funerals 29th February 2012 11:59 AM

I don't like the music, i think it takes away from the atmosphere of the film - especially the main theme, its nowhere as good as Susperia or Profondo Rosso

Demoncrat 29th February 2012 12:43 PM

Apart from Mater Tenebraum, it's overblown shite. but then i f:censored:g loathe ELP

ahem.
:laugh: